Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Whitefire

Whitefire

Gambit (IC) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 am

"Aaaahahah," Whitefire laughed as she saw the soldiers ready their weapons. "The peaceful route worked quite well, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 10:21 pm

"Very well" Nuke replied, spending a millisecond to consider his options.
Since the diplomatic approach wasn't going anywhere for now, it was time to pursue a bit more direct route.
He flicked his hand, and before him the gates to the compound were wrenched off their hinges and flew inward with the squeal of shearing metal. Nuke walked through the opening.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:22 pm

A squad positioned just inside the base found themselves thrown by the force of the metal gate. Some of them did not get up, much to the alarm of their comrades. The commander, momentarily trapped in something akin to awe, still had not given the order to fire. He seemed to come to his senses, and pulled a radio from his belt. Quickly he said something into it before directing his troops to attack the 'marauding' beaver.

Further within the compound past another precautionary metal wall, something mechanical stirred. Like a bees' nest, the compound began to come alive with soldiers.

Dee visibly cringed when the gate blew. He watched it fall to the ground like a sheet of crumpled paper. He seemed to sense something, his gaze abruptly shifting ever so slightly to the left.

"It seems we sent the wrong diplomat," he stated quietly. With that, he disappeared, leaving Zal-Tek and Whitefire at the edge of the forest.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Zal-Tek blinked in awe. Not of Nuke's power, that was fairly normal, but of his sheer stupidity. What, he wondered, did Nuke think destroying the place could possibly give him? He watched Dee vanish with somewhat less surprise, then turned to Whitefire.

"Well," he deadpanned, "that went well. Remind me to kill him later."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:10 am

Whitefire just stared. Blinked once. Turned to Zal-Tek slowly.

"Are.....you....."

Suddenly she busted up laughing.

"He...WHAT?! WHY WOULD HE DO THAT. RIP THE DOORS OFF. YES. THAT MAKES SENSE."

She sat herself on the ground, laughing so hard tears were nearly streaming down her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:21 am

The soldiers were able to get off some small bursts before they turned to dust, their weapons melting in their hands as this happened. The bullets' trajectories simply curved around Nuke and into the walls around him.
He turned towards the commander. "Once more, please put down your weapons, and surrender"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 am

"We can't do that," the commander replied darkly. "If you won't leave, we have no choice." He pocketed his radio, and raised his own firearm. Then he opened fire.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:59 am

Zal-Tek snarled.  He was all for doing whatever it took for a worthy cause, and had killed many more people at once than Nuke was doing, but he had done so because he believed it was what needed to be done.  This?  This was just rediculous, there were many ways to avoid being hurt and intimidate people than killing everyone in the area.

Abruptly, he vanished in a flash of light and reappeared in front of Nuke, growling.  He brought up a golden shield around them, stopping the bullets and letting them simply fall harmlessly to the ground.

"What are you doing?" he hissed, glaring at Nuke.  "We wanted to know what was going on, not kill everyone!"

He almost instantly regretted using the term 'we' at all, not wanting to be associated with Nuke.  He put up with a lot from his brother, but that was different.  He too always had a reason, and something to gain, even if they didn't always see perfectly eye to eye.  Perhaps Nuke also had a reason, but Zal-Tek generally prided himself on reading people, and couldn't think of one, so he assumed it was probably a bad one.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:06 am

Whitefire stared again. After a moment she slowly smiled and ran into the base after Zal-Tek, an orange light shimmering around her to protect her from the weapon fire. "I'm on my own team from now on!" she grinned happily at Nuke. "I don't associate with idiots." The white cat skipped happily away, placing herself among the soldiers, her shield still in place. "This is quite exciting, isn't it?!" she asked the soldiers earnestly,
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 am

Nuke looked Zal-Tek in the eye. "You want to know what is going on? This is another incident, like the last couple that we have been encountering. It is probably an illusion of some sort or something of that nature. We couldn't avoid the others, and we likely can't avoid this one. These soldiers stand in the way, and are aggressive."
He teleported himself outside of the golden sphere, and glanced over at Whitefire, then back at Zal-Tek.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:28 am

Zal-Tek growled again. "You're willing to risk so many lives on the possibility that this is an illusion?" He snapped. "Besides, if it were, I would know."

He brought up another shield, replacing the original, this one more opaque and only inches from Nuke's face. "You could easily have done any number of other things, between teleportation, flight, and invisibility. Your insistence only makes me think that you are enjoying this."

He altered the shield slightly, so it showed his reflection, standing behind Nuke. His eyes were glowing. "I warn you, stop this now."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:36 am

While the three animalistic beings in front of him continued to chatter on, the commander took the time to slowly back away from the scene. He had the sense to keep his gun on him. Quickly, he retreated behind the secondary wall, where more soldiers were already gathered and looking to him for instruction.

"Sir we've suffered heavy casualties. What do we do, Sir?"

"This isn't a fight we can win," replied the commander, "but we've got to do something. They have to be stopped. Or everyone will die." The soldiers looked at him, a sad feeling of duty setting over the platoons.

"Sir," said another of the soldiers, speaking up, "we'll give them all we've got, Sir."

The commander smiled sadly. "We sure will. I trust you carried out my last order?"

"Yes Sir."

"Good. Let's get back to work."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:43 am

"I do not enjoy this, I only do what I think is necessary. Either way, remove your shield." he responded, his expression serious. He was starting to tire of these beings' company, although Dee hadn't really done anything. This one though.....

Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Zal-Tek frowned, "so what, mister 'great and powerful' has no way to avoid getting hurt walking through here than to kill everyone?" He laughed darkly, "I hardly have to try to do that, and I thought you were supposed to be bulletproof."

"I will remove my shield when you give me a single good reason to," he finished, not that he expected Nuke to do anything but teleport past him again.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Nuke smiled "You say you can sneak around past everything without trying, even though you didn't do it earlier. But that aside, being bulletproof doesn't mean that this is something that can just be avoided. So if you had been paying attention to everything that has gone on, and were listening, you would know that."
He extended his control aura, pushing against the golden shield near his face.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Whitefire watched Nuke and Zal-Tek with interest as she talked happily to the soldiers lying dead around her, her thin shield still protecting her. "Well," she said seriously to one of them, "this doesn't look good..."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Zal-Tek laughed, "And if you had been listening, I did volunteer, but you left before anyone was done talking."

He dropped the shield and looked at Nuke thoughtfully, "honestly now I'm more curious as to why you think there's only one way to go about things, but I suppose you won't tell me," he said, "I suppose I'll just have to find out on my own."

With that, he simply vanished.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:01 pm

With a battle cry fit for lions, the soldiers behind the wall suddenly burst forth, their commander leading the charge. They were momentarily confused by the lack if targets, but fired upon Nuke and Whitefire with an unbridled ferocity. They came pouring over the wall, taking up positions and executing their plan perfectly. The commander was proud.

Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:11 pm

The barrage of weapon fire caused Whitefire to back up slightly. Her shield couldn't keep this up for long. Letting her wings materialize, Whitefire rose into the air, retreating to the outer wall again. "I APOLOGIZE FOR THE BEAVER'S BEHAVIOR. I'M NOT SURE WHO'S IN CHARGE OF HIM."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:03 pm

With a small flick of his paw, Nuke caused the soldiers and their weapons to turn to dust as he had with the others.
The commander hovered in the air, and floated over to Nuke, who turned to look at him. His radio and weapons disintegrating.
Nuke spoke coldly "So why don't you tell me all about your unit and what you are doing here"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Zal-Tek, who had invisibly teleported into a nearby tower, growled.  He slipped out along the wall and looked around, quickly taking in the rest of the camp.  He then turned and looked back at Nuke, irritated.  There was definitely something very wrong with Nuke, he decided.  He knew people who enjoyed killing, and yet there was nothing so utterly wrong as simply not feeling anything.

If anyone had been looking very closely, they might have seen the faint red mist that hovered around the commander for a split second, before fading away.  Zal-Tek just hoped Nuke wasn't very good at seeing through illusions.  Then again, if Nuke thought that obvious reality was an illusion, it was unlikely the master of illusion would have any trouble making, say, a fake commander who refused to reveal anything.

The real commander was abruptly brought to Zal-Tek's side, under the same cloak he himself was under.  They could see and hear each other, but their presence was near-perfectly masked from the outside.  They would only be found if someone happened to deliberately check that exact spot for them. He had already brought up a barrier between them, just in case, but he wasn't really paying attention to the commander.

"Let's just see what that idiot does if his last source of information refuses to tell him anything..."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Slowly, Whitefire landed inside the base again when Nuke finished them off. A strange look came across her face as she looked around at the empty battlements and yard. "Nuke.....what do you think you're doing? This makes....no sense."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 pm

The commander abruptly found himself away from the intimidating beaver and next to a lizard-like being. Very confused, the commander did nothing for a long moment but stare. Weaponless now, he was unsure if he should be worried about being eaten, or if he should be thanking this creature for getting him away from the beaver. Either way, the commander was upset that all his men were dead, and that he still lived.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:58 am

Nuke noticed the matter/energy state of the being in front of him shift a little, and the various small details change. The brief red mist didn't help either.
He released his hold on the 'commander' he held, and let it drop to the ground. His senses scanned the area and picked up the air displacement from the real commander arriving at his new location. He turned towards the tower, displeased. Nuke couldn't be sure if it had been Zal-Tek or someone else had moved him, although Zal-Tek had seemed to be the most irritated about the past few minutes.

Nuke teleported up to the tower, in front of the commander. Deciding it was likely one of his former traveling companions that had done it, he broadcast his voice as he spoke "Funny you moved him when I was going to ask him what was going on, which is what I thought we all wanted to know"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Zal-Tek smirked, following Nuke's lead and throwing his voice to several different places around the base. "We? Surely you've noticed that there is no longer a 'we,'" he said, "doesn't that tell you anything?"

He laughed, "I'm nowhere near as curious about this anymore, there are more interesting things to find out now. Besides, this commander is more likely to tell me things than you, anyway, considering you just killed all his men."

He teported to a different section of the wall, taking the commander with him, both invisible. "So," he said, just to the commander, grinning, "how have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 14 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: