Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei

Sairei

Gambit (IC) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 pm

The commander had already decided he was having the worst day of his life. "I'm not telling anyone anything," he growled quietly. "It's too late anyway." He was beginning to feel sick, as the sudden change in scenery was messing with his senses. Some bravado recovered, he glared angrily at the mention of his fallen comrades. Their deaths were not in vain, he assured himself.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Nuke watched the commander teleport via his air displacement. Hasn't Zal-Tek realized yet that I can see the commander's movement? he thought, sighing. He turned and teleported to the new position. Deciding to put and end to this posturing, he moved the commander out from under the cloak to 3 feet in front of him.
Then, he reached out with his power, taking hold of all the matter in an 8 foot radius. But there was no explosions or drastic attacks. Instead, everything in the radius stayed still down to the subatomic level, including the air, apart from a small bubble around the commander's face, inside which any material would be converted to oxygen. On top of this, Nuke also held the commander's mass/energy state in place. His bodily functions were allowed to continue though and he didn't freeze from the air around him. Anything trying to teleport the commander would fail, and any attempts to teleport into the 8 foot radius would be the equivalent of teleporting inside a solid object. All of this in a split second.
With these countermeasures in place, Nuke looked the commander in the eyes. "So about telling me about what you and your men have been up to"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 pm

"I'M NOT TELLING ANYONE ANYTING!" the commander shouted, having reached the extent of his patience and tolerance of what seemed to him, supernatural. He was afraid, and quite tired of being thrown around like a ragdoll. "You already killed everyone, just like the rest of your kind have done. It's too late to change what you all have done for years. I will not speak to an enemy. I will not speak to an animal." He struggled to break free, to get away from Nuke, but found he could not move an inch.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Zal-Tek rolled his eyes, having dropped the invisibility the moment Nuke took the commander back.  "And this is why I said someone should sneak in," he quipped, "did you really expect anyone to tell an obvious enemy anything?"

He made his way along the wall, skirting the edge of the radius Nuke had made around the commander.  He smirked at Nuke, fully aware that, though he hadn't won from Nuke's view, he had won, to a certain degree, from his own.  Abruptly, he stopped, looking at the commander.  "For your information, I'm not an animal.  Not too sure about him, though, throwing temper tantrums is something usually reserved for children and, well, startled animals."

He gave Nuke a sideways glance, then looked back at the commander.  Speaking of temper tantrums, whatever the commander knew probably wouldn't be around much longer.  Zal-Tek, taking measures against Nuke noticing, cautiously began attempting to search the commander's mind from where he was, seated on the wall with a smug expression.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 am

"You would be surprised what fear will do to someone" Nuke replied. He ignored Zal-Tek's insults. All they did was remind him more and more of more childish beings such as his friend Cindy.
Thankfully he didn't notice Zal-Tek's attempts at telepathy to the commander.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 am

Zal-Tek was partially successful in his attempt to read the commander's mind. Like an old recording, a memory played back to Zal-Tek.

"Lieutenant Colonel Todd Berks, I am to make sure you understand the gravity of this situation. Do you realize what is at stake here?"
"Yes Sir, General Phillips."
"You understand that if there is a single breach, you are to enact complete destruction of all outlets that could give away our position, our strategy, and our secrets?"
"Yes Sir."
"That valley is of extreme strategic importance. We cannot afford to lose it, but if we must..."
"Yes Sir. I have read the briefing. My men and I take this very seriously."
"With this death of Colonel Torren you better take this seriously. This is our last chance. We're relying on you to maintain the security of this facility."
"I understand Sir."
"Good. You have a go. Move out. We'll see you in a couple weeks. Dismissed."

Momentarily distracted, it took the commander a minute for his mind to register exactly what Nuke was saying.
"Fear?" he repeated, emotionless. "What are you going to do? Torture me?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:33 am

"Torture you? Well no. At least not the type where you are caused pain" Nuke replied. "But that is beside the point. Expanding his detection, Nuke detected the continuation of the path on the other side of the base.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:43 am

All the while, Whitefire had looked on with an ever growing horrified expression at the treatment that was being given to the commander. "Nuke...Zal-Tek......I think I should be given a chance to speak with him, if you don't mind." Terrible memories of a war flashed softly across her mind's eye as she waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 am

Zal-Tek frowned, slightly preoccupied. "Yeah, right," he said, "good luck with that."

He looked around, curious, but saw nothing of particular interest. After a moment he simply gave up, it wasn't worth scanning the whole base for something he probably couldn't stop anyway. It also wasn't worth warning Nuke, not that he'd be hurt anyway, most likely. Whitefire though... She was probably smart enough to leave.

Abruptly, Zal-Tek vanished, reappearing on the path they had taken to get there, just in view of the base. He sat down, still far too curious for his own good, and just watched. If the entire place didn't simply explode, he would probably go back just to see what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:11 am

With Zal-Tek seeminly gone, at least for the moment, Nuke decided to humor Whitefire, if only because she had actually asked nicely instead of jumping to borderline aggression as Zal-Tek had.
"Yes, you can speak to him Whitefire" he said. Nuke released the matter around him and the commander floated over to the cat, and was deposited on the ground in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:29 am

Picking himself up of the ground, the commander's eyes narrowed, but he said nothing in reply to Nuke's statement. Instead his gaze shifted to Whitefire, but still he remained silent. Idly the commander wondered where the lizard-like creature had gone, but soon became distracted with other thoughts. He would not give away anything. He would not tell these animals anything they needed to know. He did not want to talk to the white cat... though she looked eerily familiar.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 am

"...thank you, Nuke." Whitefire said, and quietly looked at the commander for a moment, her orange eyes saddening. "I know that an apology is much too late, and as a former commander of the As'augh army I understand your position and resolve," she said sadly. "I too have lost many good soldiers...But there is one thing I would like to know." Looking at him, Whitefire asked her question carefully. "Are you holding prisoners here?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 am

The commander glared at Whitefire, unwilling to answer clearly. "Go find out for yourself," he growled, jerking his head towards the tents behind the secondary wall.

There were fairly standard tents, meant for one or two people, arranged in an orderly fashion behind the secondary wall. In the middle of them was a larger tent, whcih was the only out-of-ordinary thing remaining behind the wall. Further back there appeared to be another gate, akin to the one Nuke had blown down earlier. Parked on the edges of the main camp were four humvees, unoccupied.

Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:43 am

"Thank you, commander," Whitefire replied hurriedly, and took off in a quick jog toward the tents, a strange look on her face as she went. Quietly, she began searching each tent in order, calling out to any who might be in the vicinity.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:48 am

The commander did not comment, watching Whitefire's methodical search of each tent with something akin to suspense. Each small tent was likely hold nothing more than sleeping gear, perhaps an extra set of whomever the tent belonged to's uniform. Grimly, he watched.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:54 am

As each tent she checked proved to be empty of occupants, Whitefire looked somewhat relieved. Slowly she came to the larger tent, her ears pricked as she went inside, taking one glance at the commander before entering quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 4:06 am

It was at once apparent that the largest tent was not a command tent. Not remotely. It might have served as one at one point, but it had long since been refurbished. There were a few mats on the floor, probably used for sleeping. No blankets. No pillows. Just mats. Each looked as if it had been used recently, as they were scuffed. It was not however, the mats that were the focus of the room.

The tent smelled of blood.

On the floor lay three dead felines, who, by the looks of it, had all been shot through the head within the last hour. Two of them had dark, silver-blue fur, and two of them appeared adolescent. The third was lighter in color, to be almost white, and was obviously a female. The felines' hands were still tied behind their backs, and each wore a tattered blindfold.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 am

Whitefire stopped dead in her tracks. Her eyes widened and her breath caught in her throat. She almost choked in shock as she stood, looking down at her husband and children. Closing her eyes tightly and clenching her fists enough to dig her claws into her own hands, Whitefire attempted to keep a hold of herself.

But something inside her heart snapped, and the carefully placed barrier in her mind vanished like a ghost. Letting out a terrifyingly cat-like screech, she stormed out of the tent, her eyes glazed over in a vehement anger. Light sparked and crackled around her, spreading throughout the base so suddenly it could have been a storm.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 4:56 am

Nuke watched Whitefire come out of the tent with a vengeance. He moved to the front of the tent and looked inside, seeing the dead felines, and got an idea of why the cat was so angry.
He turned back to look at the commander and Whitefire, saying nothing.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:47 pm

"Do you know who I am, commander?" Whitefire's voice seemed to crackle and hum along with the light. "I'm sure my face at least seems familiar to you." The light that had spread throughout the base caused everything to creak and snap under the growing pressure.

"As a commander you have seen the torturous methods my kind has used in the war....and as a commander myself," the light darkened as her eyes narrowed, "I must implement them."

She was silent for a moment.

"Run."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:02 am

The commander did not need to be told twice. Sensing the fury and the power of Whitefire, he did the honorable thing: he bolted. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He was in perfect physical condition, but somehow he had a feeling this would not aid him in the slightest. He ran past the destroyed gate, wishing desperately he had a weapon, and straight out into the meadow. He did not notice Zal-Tek, too afraid for his life to think clearly.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 am

Zal-Tek was decidedly surprised when the commander came running out the gate, Whitefire screaming right behind him. He leapt out of the way, allowing the commander to run by, and watched him go. It was not often Zal-Tek saw such a calm and cheerful person as Whitefire so quickly become so angry. Come to think of it, it was not often he saw anyone so angry at all.

He knew better than to get in the way, whatever it was Whitefire was upset about, it was something important. He would just watch, and hopefully find out what had happened in the short time he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:48 am

Whitefire watched the commander run for a moment before slowly taking her cape off and letting it fall to the ground, as well as her sword, beamer, and earrings. Almost as an after thought she took her boots off, snarled once more and gracefully ran in the direction the commander had gone, hardly having trouble catching up to him. She spread her wings, gliding somewhat as she came up beside him, her teeth bared and claws unsheathed.

Whitefire became something she hadn't been in decades since the war. An animal.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:11 am

The commander hit the ground hard, terrified. He realized in that instant that this was finally something he wasn't going to walk away from. His breath caught in his throat, hoping that the enraged feline wouldn't make him suffer. He screwed his eyes shut.

Thunder without sound.

"That's enough," came a voice. It was not loud, but with an authority that somehow compelled attention. It was then that Doctor Dee made a sudden reappearance, standing a few inches from where the commander and Whitefire were. With him came an unusual light to the air. There was no discernable difference, but somehow the entire landscape seemed different. Less colorful. More somber. Quieter even.

Dee looked down at Whitefire and the commander with an unreadable expression. He pulled the commander to his feet, effectively stopping Whitefire from shredding the human.

"Has there not been enough death today?" Dee asked, sounding oddly tired.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 am

Nuke had been about to intervene to stop Whitefire from torturing the man. Killing another combatant was one thing, torturing them was quite another....
Then Dee appeared. Look's like Dee beat me to it. I approve Nuke mused to himself
He flew over to where Dee, the commander, and Whitefire were, settling down gently onto the ground a few feet away from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 15 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: