Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

Gambit (IC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:38 am

"Does it make sense to blindly brag when you don't even know my fighting experience?" asked Nuke. "For all you know I am a master swordsman and have super speed." He turned to Zal-Tek "You do not need to join me, I prefer to do this alone"
He resumed looking at Whitefire. His form blurred as he moved faster than the speed of sound, swinging the flat of his blade at her neck. If she didn't dodge, it would hit with the fforceto leave a nasty bruise.

Last edited by Canis_dirus on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:48 am

Zal-Tek laughed. "You're right of course," he said with a smirk, "it would be best if I stayed out of this."

He wasn't worried about getting hurt, of course. Even if he let down his guard, he could simply teleport out of the way. It only took him a matter of hours to heal from most injuries anyway, if that. But he wasn't sure Whitefire understood what she was saying when she asked him to join, especially considering the power Nuke, too, seemed to have. Zal-Tek glanced at Dee, then back at the duel. He shrugged, quietly remarking, "I'm sure they'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:56 am

Dee sighed mentally, standing as still as a statue in the same spot. Violence. Swordplay. He said nothing, only wishing silently for no one to get hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:08 am

Nuke's blade met a shield of condensed light, bouncing away from her neck harmlessly. She chuckled. "Speed holds nothing against a well thought defense." Lashing out with a snarl, she danced to the side, sword flashing toward Nuke's neck in return.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:17 am

Nuke let the blade hit his neck, the blade not even moving his fur. The effect on Whitefire however, would've been like swinging a baseball bat at a cement wall hard, and was enough to shatter steel. In return he swung at her midsection at the same speed as before.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:47 am

Undaunted, Whitefire parried his next blow with her sword and dropped to the ground, rolled, leaped up, twisted and ducked, avoiding Nuke's next sword swing. Her movements looked as though she was dancing graceful circles around him and, as she parried his blows, she slowly became closer to him, parried one more blow, and then stood shoulder to shoulder with him, smiling faintly. Leaning on her sword slightly, she reached up and poked his nose before hopping away and laughing.

"Come on," she teased. "All I'm doing is dancing, and you still can't seem to get a good swing at me." Her eyes flashed softly in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Nuke shrugged his shoulders. His form dissappeared as he moved around her at Mach 10, swinging his sword at the same speed he was travelling, too fast for just about anything to think, let alone react at. First a thrust at her midsection, then a slice feet, and finishing with a downward swing towards the top of her head. All done in a millisecond.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Whitefire's heightened reflexes and enhanced eyesight allowed her to hone in on the blade racing toward her. Nuke's sword came toward her at such a fast pace, that if her sword had been made of a regular material it would have shattered, but her light-colored, orange broad-sword absorbed the force of his blade.

She parried his first two blows, sheathed her sword, and as his blade swung down toward her head she caught the edge of his blade in the crook of her claws, tightened her grip, twisted the sword's hilt from his hands and spun around, letting go of the blade.

The sword vibrated for a moment, buried deep in the trunk of a tree behind her.

Whitefire didn't look amused anymore.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Nuke's sword dematerialized out of the tree and back into his hand. He grinned at Whitefire, impressed with her speed. "Are you finished?" he asked, taking note of her expression. He didn't even appear winded, and in fact seemed more energetic than before.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:05 pm

"Yes," Whitefire hissed, laying her ears back. "I am quite finished."

She looked at her hands, noting the fact that each of her finger-tips were bleeding from the stunt she'd pulled. "I'll have to remember not to do that..." She took a moment to brush off her clothes and straighten her cape before looking back up at him. "I haven't seen good swordsmanship like that in a long time," she snapped, giving him a grouchy compliment.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:12 pm

"Very well" Nuke replied, and his sword dematerialized into his hand. He twitched his fingers a little, healing Whitefire's fingers. "I happen to enjoy swordplay, although I haven't had an opponent who can keep pace with me for a while" he commented, his face neutral.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Whitefire's ears pricked at his comment, and her orange eyes blinked slowly. "I'm not a pirate for just sitting around and looking pretty," she muttered, flicking her tail grumpily. She studied her fingers for a moment. "Hm."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Zal-Tek raised an eyebrow disaprovingly. "Invincibility, eh?" he said to Nuke, "or at least something close." He twitched his tail. "Horribly blunt," he noted, "incredibly boring, and considering that was meant to be a fight based on skill, possibly dishonorable. Not even my brother does that."

He was about to turn away when he paused and smirked. "Good speed, though," he added honestly, "can't say I'm not impressed."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Nuke chuckled, "Invincibility? I didn't use my powers that entire fight. That was my natural speed and durability. Although even if I had used my powers to protect myself, it would've been fair considering Whitefires shield."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:13 am

Twitching her whiskers, Whitefire stuck her tongue out at Nuke and stalked away to stand beside Doctor Dee, looking quite prickly and miffed. "I'll just stand here next to the only one who has been polite so far."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 am

Dee considered carefully what he had just seen. Speedy, they were. An interesting fight. Informative. Both combatants had seemed sure of themselves, in their own way. And both seemed to have come out of the fight having experienced a little more than they'd bargained for.

Dee had not moved from his spot a few feet away from the tree, and he did not step away even when Whitefire came to stand behind him. It became difficult to tell where he was looking. Because of the way his mask was angled, it appeared that he was staring somewhere beyond Nuke's right shoulder.

"Shall we move on?" Doctor Dee asked quietly, unmoving.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:57 am

Frowning in what he hoped was a more disapproving look than the slight nervousness he felt, Zal-Tek nodded.  "We should move on, yes," he answered Dee.

How had he not noticed Nuke had so much power?  That was disconcerting.  He really hoped that whatever might live here wasn't in any way similar to Nuke.  He didn't want to be surprised a second time, not if someone was attacking him.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:27 am

"I believe that would be best." Whitefire answered quietly. "Besides, I doubt we're going to be able to get to our respective homes today, so that means we'll need to find a suitable place for the night."

One might have taken her grouchiness as an irritability towards Nuke, but really she had just been shocked. She had not expected to be fighting someone with such speed, and she'd hardly been able to keep up while fighting him. That was most unusual.

"And, when night comes, I call first watch."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:11 pm

"Then let's get going" replied Nuke. He considered the duel with Whitefire. Her speed had been faster than should've been possible considering the composition of her body. He filed these details away for later.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:16 pm

They had resumed walking. After several minutes of silence, Dee suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, so quickly and without warning that anyone walking behind him may have run into him. His head turned slowly to his left, staring at something that only he could see.

"Excuse me," he said after a long moment. There was no flash, nor a puff of smoke. There was no odd noise, nor a cliché representation for his abrupt and sudden disappearance. One moment he was there standing with his companions, and the next he was gone. It was as if he had never been.

Last edited by Sairei on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Dee's disappearance interested Nuke. It seems Dee can do more than he has demonstrated to this point he thought to himself. He expanded his ambient detection to a thousand mile sphere, but found no sign of Dee. This was interesting. Well either he's more powerful than he has demonstrated or he is a very long ways off. Probably the former. he continued to think.
"Interesting, I wonder where he went" he said aloud to the others "I can't sense him anywhere"

Last edited by Canis_dirus on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Since Whitefire had been walking next to Dee when he made his sudden leave, she jumped back slightly, her tail poofed. "What the-"

She tensed....and for some reason unknown to the others, the white cat looked strangely uneasy. Not because he had disappeared, but because she didn't know...where he was. The human-like figure that had been next to her was gone. Almost seeming like she was on the verge of a panic attack, Whitefire placed herself between Nuke and Zal-Tek, ears laid back.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Zal-Tek looked curiously at Nuke.  He wasn't concerned about Doctor Dee, as he had obviously meant to go wherever he had gone.  What surprised him was how far he seemed to have gone, as a being with that much power would have been obvious to Zal-Tek if he was anywhere nearby.  As Nuke also seemed to know, Dee was simply gone. He looked around, almost like he expected Dee to still be there somewhere.  He obviously wasn't, but maybe there was some clue to where he had gone, or why.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:49 pm

Nuke continued walking, considering possibilities of what Dee's and the other's powers might be. He ran through the events that had transpired. While Dee's sudden disappearance didn't concern him as much, his inability to detect him did. If what he was doing had any relevance to us, he shouldn't have gone that far, and therefore in range. This would mean he is capable of hiding himself from me. A powerful being then indeed Nuke concluded. He also took notice of how Whitefire so quickly placed herself between him and Zal-Tek. He turned to her "I wouldn't worry about Dee. He seemed to know where he was going, he should be back soon enough. If he doesn't then that means we should be able to get home somehow."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Whitefire's orange eyes darkened. "I'm not worried about him." she hissed, and for some reason refused to say Dee's name. The white cat didn't expand on the matter, but made sure she was directly between Zal-Tek and Nuke at all times. Bristling, she snapped her mouth shut and was not willing to speak again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: