Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

Gambit (IC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Zal-Tek narrowed his eyes, not sure if he was supposed to be insulted, threatened, or neither.  He looked at Nuke, then at Whitefire, then frowned.  "Then what are you worried about?"  It was odd, what could have upset her so much all of a sudden?  Did she think he was going to attack Nuke, for some reason?  He couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:43 pm

"That's none of your business," Whitefire snapped. "And I'd rather not get into the details." Flicking her tail, she curled her lip and bared her teeth. She became silent again, her ears twitching every which way as she listened, becoming more and more sensitive to her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:19 am

Touchy Nuke thought. It makes sense though. She is likely attempting to act tough He continued walking, saying nothing. His detection field continued to scan his surroundings, noting every detail. If something came any where near, he would see it coming.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:37 am

"Besides," the white cat said with a dark look. "You might think me crazy if I told you...." Suddenly turning, Whitefire leaped up onto the tree above them, disappearing in a flash of white. Now, instead of, she traveled across the branches from tree to tree, still looking somewhat panicked. After a moment, she stopped, a strange look in her eyes. "It's an odd ordeal when the hunter abruptly becomes the hunted....." she said quietly.

Memories she'd tried to keep locked away came rushing to the forefront of her mind. So much fear.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 am

Zal-Tek raised an eyebrow, trying to keep an eye on Whitefire's position. What was she talking about? He kept walking, trying to figure out what she meant, though he doubted he could just from that. After a moment, he huffed. "I know real crazy," he said, somewhere between sarcastic and serious, "and if you're talking about strange happenings, nothing is hard for me to believe."

There was a stretch of silence, and then he sighed. "But you don't have to explain."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:38 am

Nuke noted Whitefire's movement through the trees. Obviously she had had some bad experiences, what they were he didn't know, although he could hazard some good guesses. He decided to try to be nice once more and walked up the trunk of the tree she was in and sat next to her. "I can understand if you explain." he said "As for the hunter being hunted, I will protect you if need be."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:50 am

Dee, at that moment, reappeared conveniently beneath the tree Whitefire was currently situated in. He stared up at Whitefire and Nuke for a short time, noting Whitefire's expression and catching the tail end of Nuke's sentence. How unusual.

"Is something amiss?" Doctor Dee called up quietly, to no one in specific. He had news of course, news which he deemed fairly important, but he doubted anything he said would be much use if he tried to tell it to someone already unsettled. Dee was a bit surprised that emotions seemed to have run wild few short minutes he'd been gone. Usually the opposite happened.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:27 pm

As soon as Dee reappeared, Whitefire immediately jumped down from the tree, looking somewhat submissive. She didn't say anything for a moment.

"There was a race besides mine that lived on my planet. Humans. We got along fine for a while, but they thought they were more intelligent than us. My race was supposedly inferior.....the humans did horrendous things to us, even the children. We were oppressed and we....that didn't fly with us. We revolted. The war spread across the world quickly, and lasted for years. I came into the war around the end...which happened to be the worst part of the fighting...." She closed her eyes for a moment, then looked at Dee with a strange expression. "The Ultamians, my race, eradicated the humans."

Taking a small step toward him, then suddenly stepped back a few feet, turning her head away. "You are a human, are you not? So, I just wasn't sure what to expect....or what you might do."

"I was stuck in captivity for ten years in a research facility." Whitefire growled. "I have a right to hold a grudge."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Nuke listened to Whitefire, then asked "Did you come from the planet Earth?" As he said this he walked back down the trunk of the tree to where they were standing.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Dee did not answer immediately, as he was thinking over all that Whitefire had told him. He did not know the human race to be extinct. He also did not know of this war she spoke of. He did however, understand why one could hold a grudge. He wondered when this war took place in Whitefire's timeline, as he somehow doubted that both he and Whitefire were from the same place. Now he had questions. Several, actually, but he thought it best to ask them one at a time.

"Are you quite sure that I am human?" Dee inquired, his tone unvarying.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:43 pm

"...Yes, I'm from former Earth. It's Ultam now." Whitefire said, answering Nuke's question before turning to Dee again with an uncertain air about her. "Well I supposed you were..." She blinked slowly, feeling hesitant. "You look similar, anyway., so I assumed you that you were."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:12 pm

"It seems we are from alternative histohistories to each other then, as I suspected." Nuke said. "Because from my history Earth, or Ultam as you call it, was destroyed over two thousand years ago."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:28 pm

"My Earth is alive and well," Dee put in, agreeing with Nuke on the separate timelines. "As for grudges, I have none to hold." He turned back to Whitefire. "Appearances can be deceiving, no?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:50 pm

"Well, I don't know how well Ultam is doing...I haven't been there in ten years." Whitefire stared at Dee, taking a quiet breath before answering. "And yes... they can be..." She still felt somewhat panicky inside, and Whitefire was never easily calmed down once something excited or frightened her.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Dee's curiosity was still in play, his important news momentarily forgotten. "Forgive me if this is an insensitive question," he said, "but why did the humans have you captured for ten years?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:34 pm

"They wanted to learn more about my race," Whitefire said quietly. "So that they could more easily keep us under their rule." Her voice was strained. "I was called test subject Zero because I refused to give results."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:45 pm

"...I see," Dee replied. He was silent for a long moment, and it appeared that he had more to say and was simply trying to figure out if each word was for good, or just better off unsaid. He seemed to come to a conclusion.

"I too have endured confinement by humans," he stated finally.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Nuke considered Whitefire's and Dee's stories. He of course didn't approve of what had happened to Whitefire, but since it was in the past he didn't dwell on it, especially since it sounded like the problem had been dealt with already.
"Well fortunately it seems you escaped or were set free" commented Nuke.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Zal-Tek had watched the conversation in silence, not really knowing what they were talking about. He had heard of a place called Earth, but never bothered to go there. It sounded boring. Though apparently there were several versions of Earth. He wondered if there were other versions of his own home.

Humans, though, he had heard of. Them and their kin ruled the northern continent, in his home. The place repelled magic he considered normal, and most of the inhabbitants recognized no gods whatsoever. It made it hard for him to visit.

He decided not to comment, though he made no effort to mask his interest in the conversation. He simply had nothing constructive to say at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Whitefire's ears pricked forward and her eyes narrowed. "You were? Hm." She paused, thinking for a moment. "Then I suppose I have nothing to be afraid of..." Slowly, she calmed down inside, and was able to give Dee a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Dee did not often speak of his past, and when he did he seldom went into detail. This time was no exception. "Well I do hope you are not afraid of me," Dee said, sounding a bit discontent. His tone, if it were possible, took on a more serious note. "We have something else to be afraid of..."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:50 pm

"What?" Whitefire blinked. "Something else to be afraid of?" She growled in exasperation. "I don't know if I can stand anymore excitement for today....what's to be afraid of?" Her tail began to flick worriedly again.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Nuke had been listening silently, until Dee spoke of a new danger. "What is this danger you speak of?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. He was ready to take on whatever came his way, but it would be nice to know what they were up against. He had a bad feeling that whatever it was would probably be powerful since it had summoned them here so easily.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 1:16 am

"This forest is not what it seems," Dee explained. "Being one who is gifted in remaining undetected, being summoned here is quite unusual." Here he paused, considering his words carefully. "There is...a presence, hanging over these trees. It is guiding us."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 am

Zal-Tek's eyes flashed dimly as he concentrated for a moment, looking for whatever Dee was talking about. Nothing, not that that was new anymore. He turned to Dee, frustrated. "What is it," he asked, "and why can't I find it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: