Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Toads and Koopas (OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Super Mario RPG is my personal favorite version of Bowser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Alright, so, I have to go and make some Goomba characters. It would be kind of weird if the GM had Koopas, Toads, and Goombas in an RP, but didn't have at least one of each.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:40 pm

Okay. So you said earlier that having my character as a hammersmith would make them a good kidnapping candidate. Are you referring to the event happening during the Op or shortly after we start the IC. To be honest I think a waiting a little bit would interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Shortly after the IC starts, since the one in the OP is considered the earliest point a kidnapping can occur, and that was mostly soldiers that got kidnapped.

I can't start the IC, though, unless I get enough character sheets to do so from other people joining the RP. I need at least two people with characters.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:04 pm

I have a name and a basic idea on the looks.

Because of her profession as a hammersmith, I want the character to have of he equipment required to make hammers like tongs, gloves, apron, face cover. I'm not sure how logical it would be for her to be carrying those with her at the time of kidnapping, because I feel like she would be delivering a hammer.

Edit: assuming that she is working with metal hammers but the material isn't that important. I think they're stone in super star saga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Most of the hammers I've seen are made with stone, the typical sledgehammers. I do think, though, that if the guy your character is an apprentice of had a shop close the the borders of the Mushroom Kingdom, you might be able to say your character was abducted when he was re-locating the shop. That would also give you a valid excuse for having power mushrooms and equipment, if you're walking through particularly dangerous areas where you might need a bit of protection from threats.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Dos hammers. I thought she would reasonably know how to use fire mushrooms and I guess ice mushrooms. And toss the the tanooki suit in because cute. It wouldn't surprise me if they make a few metal hammers for "late game" use, because in Dream Team the Hammers and Boots are set as their own equipment classes.

Edit: Fire and Ice are on the assumption she works with a furnace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:08 pm

You have to remember to take into account the limits set on abilities and powers in the rules of the RP. Two of my characters, Hikaru and Tanaka, are special characters who have had to fend off monsters for three years, having been presumably the first kidnapping victims out of all the events, and they have combat capabilities that have evolved beyond what the majority of characters are supposed to be capable of. They are meant to act as guides and leaders throughout the story, and therefore are more powerful. If you base your Toad characters off of Hikaru, Hikaru is special because he has incredible proficiency with more than one kind of mushroom. The majority of characters, even those trained to be in professions like soldiers, are only particularly skilled with one kind, and the majority of characters are supposed to only have thirty of one kind of mushroom at the beginning of the story, although they can trade mushrooms with others and gather new ones over the course of the story, since mushrooms have to be completely consumed to gain their effects. This means that the limits may be counted as only a temporary measure to avoid problems.

If you make your character extremely skilled with more than one kind of mushroom, not just simply familiar, or give her multiple kinds at the beginning of the story, then she has to have special permission before she is permitted. I don't mean to offend you, but I have not seen your RPing style. I don't know if you're a person who will be responsible with special characters when given permission, or if you are a person who will abuse even a normal character and somehow always win fights, even if the PC is supposed to be far weaker than the opponent. I would suggest that for now, you make your character proficient with only a single kind of mushroom, if only so I can see how you RP, first. Again, please don't be offended, but I have not been in an RP with you before, so I don't know how you will do with a special character if I permit it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:22 pm

It's cool, I think the last time I really posted with you was in academy 218 and I was there for only a little while.
Time to limit 'shrooms to fire probably because metal mallets, need to be melted down before they can be molded into metal mallets. I assume that the basics of hammer in combat use is okay. The character would know that they can use the hammer to counter attack/block but doesn't have the experience to know when, under the logic that the character would have to show the hammers off to potential customers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:42 pm

I never made any limits on weapons, so knowing the basics of using a hammer, even a bit of defensive fighting with one, is permitted. The same would go for spears, swords, and any other kind of weapon or tool. Most of my rules are meant to prevent imbalances relating to power-granting mushrooms or the special abilities of certain Koopa and Goomba variants.

The reason for my strict guidelines are because whenever I would get into a super-power RP where people had complete freedom in creating characters' abilities, there were characters who were ridiculously powerful, and there were a lot of cases where there were characters that were super weak, just because they might have had animal powers or venom, while someone else could breathe fire or shoot laser beams. In magic RP's where the rules regarding magical powers weren't strict, people would lose interest the moment a fight scene crept up, because someone would conjure whirlwinds or do something extremely powerful that was never mentioned in their abilities section, and then things would get out of hand. By setting strict parameters for powers regarding magic and the abilities of special character variants, I'm hoping that I'll make character abilities as even as possible, so that nobody feels like they're getting bullied by anyone else solely based on combat strength or special powers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:55 pm

That makes sense.

I remember setting a whole bunch of limits on trace for academy 218, but I didn't stick around long enough to use them.

I still really like the tanooki suit, it's freaking adorable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:25 pm

The Tanooki suit is extremely cute, but I kind of preferred the flying squirrel one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
The Tanooki suit is extremely cute, but I kind of preferred the flying squirrel one.
I want to use the tanuki suit so bad. Maybe she doesn't know how to use the fire flower and just uses the tanuki for the luls. This serious I need professional help in this situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:25 am

Well, just for the sake of making things easy, all the unique items that give powers are now in the form of mushrooms (Just because it's easier to view them as consumable that way).

If you have it narrowed down to two, I'd just assign the powers to the sides of a coin and flip it. I usually don't have trouble making decisions, but whenever I can't, I always try to resort to coin flips.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:02 pm

I'm probably going to stick to the tanooki suit because the hammers are normally made of stone, so it's probable that the metal hammers are a "trade secret" so I wouldn't be surprised if the character doesn't work on the metal hammers yet. Anyway I think my justification for the tanooki suit is that the character gets asked to collect stone so they can make the regular hammers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm excited to see the sheet. I still need to work on my Goombas.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I' typing the personality but odds are I'll end up deviating from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:14 pm

That used to happen to me with personalities, and sometimes, I still do. Sometimes personalities have different types and some I think are harder to nail than others. The Goomba three-year exile that I'm making is going to be one of those really unique ones, but I think I can nail the personality, since it actually possesses similarities to my own, if I were to change a few things.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:33 pm

I'm done with the sheet but I got lazy towards the end. I'll try to have it up soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:42 pm

It's fine. I'm just glad that you're interested in RPing in this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 am

Name: Berry Chanterelle

Species: Toad

Appearance: Berry is a fairly young toad who despite what her fairly slender frame would suggest, Berry has a good bit of muscle mass, from her job as a hammer smith, or apprentice at least. Anyway Berry’s cap is pretty round with light orange spots. Underneath her cap Berry possesses long blonde hair that is normally kept down but is tied up, with a hair tie she keeps on her wrist, when she is working. Berry has green eyes and a few freckles around her nose. Clothing wise Berry wears a beige button up shirt similar to the one that Captain Toad wears; she also wears a similarly colored skirt. Berry wears a pair of brown work boots on her feet, because foot protection is important when you carry heavy things.

Personality: Berry is an apprentice hammersmith, as a result of her job she has a mixed level of confidence with her work, either she thinks she’s the best or doubts with every fiber of her being. As another result of her line of work is that she is very willing to try new methods for different situations. In general Berry friendly, but seems to enjoy a good snark or two. I’m forgetting and trying to finish this something I’ll try to add in the rest in the ic.

Abilities: Berry is an apprentice hammersmith and as a result she knows her way around hammer and knows how to make hammers, or is learning at least. Being the apprentice Berry is typically given the grunt work, this usually involves collecting stone and other materials to make the hammers. Interestingly enough involves rock climbing so as a safety precaution she learned how to use Tanooki Mushrooms. Because her line of work involves physical activity and on the occasion she gets to work with molten metal, Berry has fairly good stamina and a heat tolerance.
Weaknesses: Once again as an apprentice Berry seems to lack confidence and her hammer based combat experience is just above
Other:Berry has a hammer and several Tanooki mushrooms King Boo
Let me know if the weaknesses section is lacking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 am

Accepted, Teedler. Give me a moment to put her in the Character Sheet section.

We only need one other person to submit a character sheet, and I'll start the IC.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:42 am

Come on eropstoad post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Erops hasn't been online for awhile. We need a third member, although I'm no good at advertising.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Don't worry, I'm working on my first character sheet.

Erops said he was thinking about joining this, though I believe he might be lurking here as a guest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   

Back to top Go down

Toads and Koopas (OOC)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next