Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Toads and Koopas (OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:23 pm

Sometimes, rarely, I might do something like that if I'm busy doing something and don't want to attract attention. That was ages ago that I did that, however.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Woot wooteth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diggers-B

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:04 am

Name: Agent Carl Toadratty

Species: Toad

Appearance: Toadratty's stoicism and attitude reflect in his appearance. Toadratty is slightly leaner than an average Toad, his body more bean-shaped than other Toads' egg-shaped bodies. Toadratty has a consistently stern expression on his face, his mouth almost permanently etched as a slight scowl (if not for his need to communicate verbally). He keeps any fibers combed underneath his mushroom cap, an all-black cap with the brim of a fedora. Toadratty has a pair of round, black-rimmed spectacles which he needs a cord to secure around his head (due to Toads' lack of ears).

Toadratty wears a black coat with two pockets, one with a wallet, the other with a locket with a photo of his ex-wife. He keeps this coat buttoned over his white button-up collared shirt. Toadratty wears a black tie and folds the edges of his white collared shirt over his coat. He has a grey glasses case in a pocket of his black pants. He wears standard brown Toad shoes, since they serve him well. Toadratty holds his pants up with a brown belt with a silver buckle; from his belt hangs his hammerspace holster, which is where he keeps his supply of power-ups. From under his belt, his pants bulge a bit. In his other pocket, he had an embroidered handkerchief.

Personality: Toadratty is serious, sullen, and stern. Hardly does he smile, unless something truly amuses him. He does not cry in front of others, though his past seems to trouble him if he is alone. Nevertheless, he never does anything in falseness, and expects the same from others. If agitated, he responds with "I'll shoot!" to anything that sounds like a threat. Nevertheless, Toadratty is primarily justice-minded and law-abiding, and resoects those who follow the rules and hunts those who break the rules.

Toadratty never gives up a chase, and once remained in dogged pursuit of the juvenile check-fraud master, Frank Toabagnale, Jr. for years before finally capturing him at Delfino Airstrip. However, Toadratty's intense focus on his work makes him the target of some abuse. Perhaps his wife left him because he seemed married to his job. His coworkers at the bureau ridicule him for his focus in his field, but he simply hardens his heart and continues to investigate fraud.

Toadratty, when he gets used to another person, may show small signs of friendship, but is generally very single-minded. Toadratty confides only to those that he can truly, undoubtedly trust. He does have a bit of a dry sense of humor, and makes some puns pertaining to context.

Due to the prior-mentioned love for truth and justice, Toadratty becomes furious if he cannot understand a reason for breaking the rules. And with the recent mass Toad-and-Koopa-napping, Toadratty has every reason to want to administer justice, even if missing-persons isn't really his field. Toadratty, if asked his opinion on the kidnappings, would reply with a resolution to find and apprehend whoever did this, and bring them under the thumb of the law.

Abilities: Toadratty has the focus and drive to take on the job of check-fraud investigator. Other than that, he's pretty much a normal Toad in terms of arm strength and speed (the latter which has slightly waned with age). However, Toadratty is skilled and accurate with the firing of Superballs, and prefers to use the Super Flower Mushroom. He has to be a skilled marks-Toad as an agent of the Mushroom Kingdom's investigation bureau.

Weaknesses: While he is very adamant in the pursuit of justice, Toadratty is certainly no spring chicken and is hindered a bit by his age. For instance, he cannot run as fast as he used to, making chases much more difficult. Toadratty can also be quite easily tricked, especially by someone clever such as Frank Toabagnale, as during numerous instances in that famed chase, Frank escaped Toadratty's grasp by means of trickery. (Subsequent phone apologies by Frank to Toadratty result in the miffed Toadratty accusing him of having no one else to talk to.)

Other: King Boo

This is Erops btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Name: Magnus Tardi

Species: Magikoopa

Appearance: Like most Magikoopas, Magnus wears blue robes, brown shoes, a blue hat, and a pair of glasses. Magnus also keeps his shell under his robes. He carries a large brown staff that is very smooth and is completely clean, so clean that the staff shines a little. This is probably due to Magnus' lack of combat experience and laziness, which the latter causes him not to go outside when he has the option not to. In an idle standing position, Magnus can be seen leaning against a wall, and if there isn't wall, his staff. While walking Magnus uses his staff as a walking stick and uses it to support much of his weight. With no better way to say it, Magnus is a little on the more fat side.

Personality: Magnus doesn't fear combat, it's that he is to lazy to go experience combat. If there is an attack on one of Bowser's many castles, Magnus might shoot a few magic triangles at the attackers, but if any of them get to close, Magnus quickly tries to divert their attention by enhancing another Koopa's power that is near by. This usually leads to the attackers being distracted by the now more powerful Koopa while Magnus escapes. Of course, once Magnus gets too far away, the enhancing power goes away and the poor Koopa who he enhanced may have a more difficult time with the attacker.

Magnus looks lazy and is lazy. He almost never leaves whatever building he is in and always finds a way out of work. One time, the Koopa Troop was preparing for an invasion, and to escape having to march to places, Magnus took a boat to Rogueport and found a nice place in the sewers to hide in and wait for the conquest to be over. Of course, when the Thousand Year Door business started to happen, Magnus went back to the nearest one of Bowser's castles.

Abilities: Like most Magikoopa, Magnus can shoot magic beams in various shapes, grant immunity to fire to him and those he chooses, enhance other's abilities, and fly on a broom. However, he is not skilled enough in the art of magic to levitate or teleport like more skilled Magikoopa.

Weaknesses: Magnus is a bit slow and fat, so he can't run away from tough situations easily. While he isn't the dumbest or the smartest Koopa around, Magnus tends to make bad choices when he doesn't have much time to choose and is indecisive when he does have time to choose. His lack of combat experience also leads him to be not very sure what to do in the rare times he is put into a combat situation. He also has a deathly fear of everyone that is bigger than him and spiders.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Leonir, Erops, your sheets are accepted. I'll put them in the character sheet section.

Alright, I guess you'll see the IC up at some point in the near future.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:52 pm

The ic section isn't very active is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Storyweb's community is relatively small, and a lot of RP's seem to get abandoned early-on because some stuff is hard to maintain interest in. That, or people only post once in a blue moon. It seems to be picking up, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:52 pm

I remember thatv about roleplex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Vipera, when you said the near future, did you mean later today, or later this week?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diggers-B

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Just to get a feel for what Toadratty sounds like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 pm

When I say near-future, that means I'll try to get it up as soon as I can. Usually that means the day I say I'm putting up the IC, but sometimes it can be later in the week if I'm really busy or if it takes a long time to write the opening post.

Regardless, the IC is up now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:17 am

Alright, here we go:

Name: Motch

Species: Goomba

Appearance: Motch is a typically shaped Goomba with a squat cap and heavyset jaw. His skin (flesh?) is a slightly mottled and darker shade than the usual Goomba brown, while the fangs on his lower jaw are wide and conical. Aside from this and his attire, Motch is a normal Goomba.

Motch's most notable feature is the massive helmet he wears that covers the majority of his cap, large enough that it partially obscures his vision and has a habit of slipping down, forcing him to tilt back to right it. The helmet itself is made from a patchwork of scrap metal and is very heavy.

Personality: Motch is a positive, hot-headed and loud individual. He has delusions of grandeur and heroism, where he is known for mindlessly throwing himself into combat in order to further his "legend". He consistently refers to himself in the third person and has been known to break out into narrating his actions, much to the irritation of others.

If you get past his quirks, Motch is a friendly and loyal fellow who enjoys fun and will defend his companions without pause, regardless of any personal danger. However his ego and lack of humbleness grates on many which means he has few friends and is the subject of many jokes amongst Bowser's ranks.

While typically stalwart in his high view of himself, Motch has a fragile ego. He can slump into brief periods of misery whenever he is embarrassed, mocked or beaten, although it doesn't take much for him to bounce back into his usual self.

Despite his macho, idiotic personality, Motch is of slightly above-average intelligence. He just doesn't seem to use it in anything.

Abilities: Motch's helmet makes him resistant to physical attacks and makes his own more powerful. The weight of the helmet allows his headbutts to cause large amounts of damage, having enough momentum to crack rock.

Weaknesses: Motch's helmet, while a great buff to his defense and offense is an impediment to his movement and agility as it makes him incredibly top heavy. Repeated attacks both with and against Motch's helmet can make him dizzy and nauseous from vibrations, making him unable to deal with large groups of enemies effectively. In addition, if the helmet were to be removed, Motch is just a regular Goomba without any special abilities.

Motch also unfortunately has a crippling allergic reaction to the ingestion of power mushrooms. How this works since Motch is a mushroom confounds many. He counteracts this by saying that their power is so meagre to his awesomeness that they don't effect him.

Last edited by Randomnator on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Your character's powers and abilities are unusual, but regardless, he is accepted, Random

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:06 am

I just liked Goombeetles, but since they weren't part of the RP as a species I settled for a Goomba in a metal hat. I added the allergy because otherwise he would be slightly OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:16 pm

I was confused on how to classify variants like that, because they're mostly Goombas wearing different kinds of armor, although I guess I can say they're allowed.

Also, Teedler, I don't mean to sound harsh, but your character's situation before she got kidnapped and dumped into the clearing seemed a lot like she got set up for being kidnapped by someone deliberately beforehand. While Princess Peach, Bowser, and foreign diplomats were targets, the villain didn't really target anyone else intentionally with the vortex in the opening post. You need to change it so that it's not like a setup, because the GM is the only person who is supposed to control the villain's actions. Everything else in the post could make sense, but the letter should not imply that the villain set Berry up to be kidnapped at the same time.

Again, I'm not trying to sound angry, I'm not upset. It just bothers me, and I would really appreciate if you fixed it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 pm

I could see why that's an issue. I got lazy towards the ends because it was getting late. I was just going to have her look into the room and a "sweet mother of toadstool the circle is trying to eat me" thing would happen with a skoop bop skibity doop teleported thing. I'll try to reword it soon, or just finish with another if post if somelse post before then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Alright, then. You don't have to feel rushed to make posts, though. I don't want anyone feeling pressured.

That in mind, is there anything people want to have their characters do before I formally get things started with a monster showing up and being promptly defeated by the three-year-exiles?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 pm

I think I was trying to leave it open to have characters have a short interaction via flashback but regardless I'll get to rewording that post tomorrow probably
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diggers-B

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:58 am

Just for future reference, but can we hypothetically have characters that are Goombrats from NSMBU and Galoombas from Super Mario World?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:30 am

I won't be able to post for a few days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Goombrats and Galoombas can be characters, since the only main difference from normal Goombas is appearance. Same rules apply, though, if they have wings or any special abilities.

Teedler, it's fine if you can't post. We'll just say your character was somewhere in the crowd of NPC's if a lot happens while you're gone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:37 am

I would have an intro post ready but I'm currently dealing with a heavy workload. Bear with me for another week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm

It's fine, Random. Most people can't post until the weekend.

At any rate, is there anything people wanted to particularly have done before they find out how dangerous the place they're in is? Activity isn't restricted to the meadow, people can start moving around to look for a way out of the woods. There's going to be several NPC's that will become unofficial leaders and head an expedition through the forest, and characters can start noticing their surroundings and explore a bit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm not going to be posting very often for a while because I'm taking a break from RPs. The only reason why I'm still going to post here is because I'm very interested in the core idea of the RP. The reason for my break is that I have gotten bored with most RPs and I'm thinking if I take a break that maybe I would feel more like posting after giving my imagination time to rest. Maybe it's because I had to type a big essay for Humanities this week and it sucked all of my will to post away for a bit. Anyways, I will still be lurking even if I don't post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:41 am

Well, if you had to do a big essay, that would do it. I had to write one that reached six pages in length, and I had about seven pages of annotated bibliography. The worst part was that the author's works that I wrote the bibliography on didn't have a lot of summary-websites, so then I had to go read actual copies of the works. It was horrible. All the words used F instead of S.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   

Back to top Go down

Toads and Koopas (OOC)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next