Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inconceivable Cheese

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei

Sairei

Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:50 pm

The new creature stopped a few feet from Wev and Valliance, and eyed them curiously. "My my," it said loudly, "you look very different from the last group that came through here." He then laughed for an uncomfortably long time before reasserting himself and gazing pointedly at each person present in turn. His large eyes lacked visible pupils, and this made him unnecessarily creepy, though that was probably unintentional. “Oh, oh let me guess,” he continued, on the verge of giggling again, “you were all doing something I’ll wager, something small or something large when suddenly- eheh- you came here! Am I right?” He paused for half an instant. “Of course I’m right no other thing would make any logical sense.”

Valliance didn’t think the thing’s reasoning made any logical sense either, but had no better explanation. “Who’re you?” the Kettan asked, interrupting the white thing’s inane mumblings.

“Ah! Where are my manners?!” he replied, jerking sharply as if he’d been startled. “My name is Lellis, but you can call me Lellis.”

“Lellisss?” Nakion echoed quietly, tasting the name. Over the stench of Thukr, he smelled trouble.

“No, Lellis,” replied the caped creature, waving his arms for emphasis.

Lellis?” Valliance smiled. He thought this alien was rather silly, and bore an uncanny resemblance to Doctor Nymee back home on the Third Moon. The differences were that Lellis did not have little wings, and he was shaped and colored just a little differently. It was then that Valliance decided they probably were not the same species.

“Yes, exactly,” Lellis replied, clapping. His catlike tail and ears twitched uncontrollably.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Vessyr scowled. Great, the only person who knew what was going on was completely insane. She grumbled for a moment before raising her voice. "So you know why we're here, right?" she asked expectantly, trying not to sound too irritated.

Shade shook his head in response to Wev's question, ducking a little more behind the Vith as Lellis approached. He decided he didn't like Lellis. There was something wrong with him, and it stood out to Shade, but he couldn't quite place it. It was unnerving.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Thukr could smell something about Lellis that contradicted the essence that she sensed from him. He smelled fresh, but the properties of his essence reminded her of Logwed, or maybe even the Hirv. Thukr barked at Lellis, "Did you bring me here?"
Back to top Go down
Rayven71

Rayven71

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Wev glanced around nervously, almost wishing that Lellis didn't make any sound either.

"Hey I'm, uh, Wev. Where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:33 am

“Do any of us know why we’re here?” Lellis asked back in response to Vessyr. “I mean I know why I’m here but as for why all of you are here, I’ve no idea. People drop in from time to time. Perhaps the Fates decide I need some company during my banishment! To keep me from going mad, yes?” His attention shifted to Wev as the birdlike creature asked where they were. "In a castle," Lellis answered nonchalantly. When nothing but silence responded to this, he blinked a few times and then continued, "Oh you mean what world or planet I suppose...ahah. If only I knew!" He started laughing again but caught the eye of Valliance, who was staring at him with open confusion, and started coughing instead. After a moment of recovery, he looked up again and seemed to remember he had an audience, among other things. “Oh wait I do know where we are,” he wheezed, confusion now covering his face. “Silly me, I forgot! Welcome to Castle Arrad on the beautiful, pristine planet of Avena!”

“Avena?” Nakion growled. “I have heard of no such place!”

“No surprises there!” Lellis replied. “I doubt it coincides with any of your respective existences… hehe.”
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:05 am

Vessyr took the new information in, still scowling.  "You mentioned other people," she said, "what happened to them?"  She suspected Lellis wouldn't know such a thing, but maybe if he did, they could find a way to get back to their respective homes.

Shade was not paying a lot of attention to what Lellis was saying, it was almost making him dizzy to listen.  After a few seconds of confusion, he shook it off, and asked, 'are you broken?'
Back to top Go down
Rayven71

Rayven71

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Wev froze for a second, realizing that Shade just called this crazy guy 'broken', and he was standing between them. He quickly darted to the side closest to Valliance, who, though 11, was armed. Wev still couldn't decide if that was comforting or the contrary, but he didn't seem to have many options at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:43 pm

“They’re gone now,” Lellis answered in response to Vessyr’s question. “Gone, gone gone gone gone! I don’t know what happened to them. They went out into the woods and never came back!” His voice took on a more haunted tone. “I told them not to go but they didn’t listen, so then I told them that if they were so determined to commit suicide, the least they could do was go to the towers and activate the devices… But I don’t think any of them made it that far.” He sank down into the grass and pulled his knees to his chest. “I think they’re gone forever.”

Slowly Lellis turned to look at Shade, as if thinking over his question carefully. He stood back up. Then, with perfect clarity he answered back telepathically, “You would know wouldn’t you?”

Unaware of what had just transpired between Shade and Lellis, Valliance approached the cape-clad creature carefully. Valliance was only 4’ 10’’, and standing next to Lellis who was at least 6 feet tall, he looked rather comical. “Sir, maybe they just went home,” Valliance suggested hopefully, gazing up at Lellis with his wide orange eyes. “Maybe you can help us get home too?”

“…Perhaps,” Lellis said, his tone calmed.

Nakion, for a brief moment, admired the small Kettan’s bravery. A good young lad, he thought. Perhaps there was hope for this group yet. He sighed mentally, a bit of his irritation melting away. This Lellis person was obviously insane, but for the moment he remained their best option for finding out about this place. The sky was nearly dark now, which meant they needed to find a place to spend the night. He doubted anyone wanted to sit in the darkness on a strange world. The castle seemed their best bet, as Lellis appeared friendly enough. Mostly, Nakion wanted to get inside because it was bound to be warmer than out in the courtyard.

“We should sseek shelter for the night,” Nakion stated aloud, walking up to Wev and Shade. “Lelliss, are there ssuitable rooms in the castle?”

“Yes, many,” Lellis replied. Some of the jump returned to his voice. “Follow me!” With that, he burst into a sprint and disappeared behind the gate.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Thukr slowly followed Lellis, but as soon as she reached the shade of the castle, she accelerated to slightly faster than the feline, and seemed to have much more energy. She took a sniff of the castle, and realized that it didn't smell at all like what she expected. The only building she had ever encountered smelled just slightly better than other biprimae, which was really saying something. She could smell the stone of the castle and immediately thought of cobalt. Thukr caught up to Lellis and barked, now with much more motion with every word she said, "Is there food? I need food." She pronounced the d's as t's, so it sounded like she was saying foot with an accent. She seemed more twitchy and much more active now that she was out of the sun.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Vessyr hesitated for a moment, then followed Lellis. She ran to catch up, then slowed down near Lellis. "Devices?" she echoed, "what kind of devices?"

Shade shrank back from Lellis' reply. He didn't often encounter other telepaths, but he wan't sure he liked it, in this case. He also didn't care for being indoors very much, especially castles. Still, he rather liked Valliance and Wev, and didn't want to go somewhere unknown alone, so he followed the rest of the group into the castle.
Back to top Go down
Rayven71

Rayven71

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Wev looked up at the monolithic tower he was in the shadow of, uncertain if he actually wanted to go inside. It looked like it had been abandoned for years, maybe decades. Who knows what could be in there? He reluctantly started towards the entrance, trotting to catch up with the rest of the group
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Valliance kept close beside Wev, mainly because he liked him and so far he’d been nice. He admired the inside of the castle. While it was somewhat decrepit, Valliance noticed there was a clear trail free of dust about two feet wide down nearly every corridor. He tried to come up with reasons why such a trail would exist, but couldn’t think of any. The answer became obvious when he noticed how strictly Lellis kept to these dirt-free trails.

“Stay on the paths,” Lellis emphasized. “You don’t want to disturb the dust demons. Keep following.”

Valliance giggled quietly.

Dust demons. Nakion rolled his eyes. Right now the only thing he could think of was how much he wished it were warmer. Unfortunately for him it actually seemed to be colder inside the castle than it had been in the courtyard. What sort of horrible place was this?! He grumbled mentally and kept pace with the rest of the group, following Lellis up a set of spiral stairs that seemed to climb into the heavens themselves. The insane one could only be leading them up into the tallest tower. Great. Now they had to climb stairs.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:37 am

Thukr went in a straight line following Lellis, and didn't stick to any path that Lellis had pointed out. All she knew was to follow him, thus she occasionally crossed over the dirt. A thin trail of calcium was left where she had been.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:42 am

Vessyr stared at the trail through the dust for a moment, confused.  She walked to the edge of the dust, and casually kicked up a good amount of it.  It clouded around her, and she had to resist coughing, but nothing else happened.  She shrugged and began following Lellis again.

Shade watched Vessyr with some concern, but nothing seemed to happen.  He was trying his best to stick near Wev and Valliance, and keep a close eye on everyone else.  He still didn't really trust anyone there, but at least the two he was following weren't angry or broken.

The castle itself was disconcerting.  He had been in a castle before, and not liked it much, but this one was very different.  It was completely empty, as far as he could tell, and had been for some time.  Apparently Lellis was the castle's sole inhabitant.  Perhaps that explained some of what was wrong with him.
Back to top Go down
Rayven71

Rayven71

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:16 am

Wev looked down at the Valliance walking beside him and chuckled slightly. He found Valliance's company comforting,which was a welcome feeling after the events of the past hour. Wev's eyes dropped down to Valliance's sword. He seemed to be responsible with it even though he didn't look a day older than 13.

"Hey Valliance, how old are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:33 am

Valliance glanced at Wev. “Eleven,” he answered with a smile. “My sister is eleven too. We’re twins. Why do you ask?”

At some point during the journey Lellis turned around to see how carefully his guests were keeping to the path. He noted the wandering trails of Thukr and Vessyr’s blatant disregard for his rules. He stopped, stared at the group, and screamed loudly for a good five seconds before bolting up the stairs for a few feet before continuing on like nothing had happened.

“Dust demons,” he explained, “don’t like screaming.”

They neared the top of the tower, where Lellis pushed open a door and entered the cozy confines of his living space. There was a bookshelf with dusty tomes on the left wall with a white ball of sheets below it that must have been Lellis’ bed. In the corner next to the bookshelf was what appeared to be a large, empty birdcage. A makeshift firepit took up the middle of the room. On the right was another bookshelf and a boarded up window, accompanied by blank canvases that were hung up like paintings. An odd assortment of tools took up the far wall, a majority of which looked to be related to alchemy. There was also another door, but even from the entrance of the room one could see it was locked by a heavy steel bar.

“This is my room,” Lellis said, “but you all can stay here for the night while I clear out the dust demons from the other rooms.” He giggled nervously. “It will probably take me all night.”
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:42 am

Vessyr pinned her ears back against her head when Lellis screamed, irritated, but simply rolled her eyes and continued on. When they arrived at Lellis' room, she stepped in the doorway with caution and looked around. It was odd, she decided, but overall not bad. One thing did bother her, though.

"Do you expect us all to sleep in here?" she asked, "I don't think we'd fit."

Shade wasn't too pleased with the idea either. He didn't want to stay in a small room with a bunch of strangers. He wanted to go back outside, but would happily deal with simply being in a different room. He decided that he would leave when possible, though he was unlikely to go far.
Back to top Go down
Rayven71

Rayven71

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:20 am

Wev shrugged.

"Curiosity I guess." Wev looked back at Valliance "So you have a twin sister? Do you guys get along?"

Wev realized he had been unknowingly ignoring Lellis this whole time. Even with the running and screaming, with the amount of noise one Vithian, everything still seemed pretty quiet to Wev. He started listening and realized in horror that Lellis expected the entire group, including the stinky green lady, in this one room. He started plotting ways to escape this whole situation.

"Uh...any chance you'd want to find somewhere else to sleep? I get the feeling this room is going to be pretty crowded."

Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:38 am

Thukr didn't flinch when Lellis screamed. She would've made a confused face, but lacked the facial muscles to do so.

She brought up a relevant topic, "I need food." She suggested to Lellis, "I think you need food to. Food is calming. Is there food?" Surely Lellis would at least feed them.

Thukr then faced Wev, "I do not need to sleep here. I will probably go out. I will probably do things in the forest. But first I need food. Biprimae must feed. Or maybe I will find food in the forest. Who knows."

As day slowly transitioned to night, Thukr seemed to have much less of a stench, as well as slight change in appearance, though it was not apparent enough for anyone to notice.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:51 am

“We get along really well,” Valliance said cheerfully. “She’s sneakier than I am though, and not strong enough to lift a real sword.” He frowned for a moment. “That makes mother very angry sometimes, but it’s not Avva’s fault.” He fell silent for a little while, and then seemed to remember Wev’s other question. “It does seem a little cramped in here,” he said, looking at all the people crammed into the room. Vessyr voiced his thoughts. “Lellis? Can we go find another room? Maybe one close by?”

Lellis seemed to consider this for a moment, his face fretful. He made an odd moaning sound and ducked back down the stairs without a word, gesturing for them to follow. He walked a short way down, perhaps no more than fifteen steps, and stopped at a section of the wall. He stared at it intently and did not look away.

Nakion watched Lellis’ behavior distinctly unamused. As far as he was concerned, the room above that Lellis had sought to lend them had a firepit and that was good enough for him. Why did everyone else have to complain? A soft hiss escaped his throat. This lunatic and everyone else here was wasting his time.

“What are you doi--” Nakion began. He was very harshly cut off by a loud shush from Lellis, who threw him the dirtiest look he had ever seen. After this, the crazed feline turned back to the wall and continued staring.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Vessyr watched Nakion and Lellis blankly, and decided it would probably be best if she didn't interrupt.  Whatever their gracious host was doing, it certainly didn't look like it was going to work.  She grumbled something under her breath and leaned back against the nearest wall to wait.

Shade, on the other hand, wasn't paying much attention to Lellis at all.  'yes,' he told Wev and Valliance, 'too many people here.'  He didn't particularly like the idea of spending the night in the castle, but they could at least not all be in the same, small room.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:27 pm

A minute or so passed before Lellis shoved violently against the wall and attempted to headbutt it. Despite what this looked like, he did not seem to suffer any injury and continued this behavior for thirty second before stopping, smiling like an idiot, and yelling the words open sesame! He then reached up as high as he could and peeled back the layer of stone bricks like one would take a poster from a wall. Behind it a thick wooden door was revealed. He threw this thin layer of rock over his shoulder and pushed the door open, waving his guests inside.

Nakion stared for a long moment, his mind having trouble understanding what he’d just witnessed. He pushed his way to the front and peeked through the door. There was a short hallway fitted with several doors. The hallway was nicely decorated, and unlike the rest of the castle was in good shape and looked well-tended. Nakion’s mouth dropped open a bit. This shouldn’t be possible. They were nearly at the top of the highest tower. Such a hallway didn’t exist! It couldn’t exist. There was no way it was supported from the outside. He hadn’t seen it from the outside!

“Alright,” Nakion snarled harshly, turning toward Lellis. He pulled him by the cape towards his snout and bared his teeth. “What is this, sssk?! Ssome kind of messsed up venture for us to fall victim to?! Explain yourself, cretin!”

Lellis, although he was being threatened, did not seem to notice. “Go ahead and see for yourself,” he said, nodding happily. “No dust demons in there, no sirree! I keep it clean for special occasions. Pick a door! It’ll be exactly what you want to see!” He started laughing again.

Valliance, who at this point and squirmed his way to the front as well, listened avidly. “Exactly what we want?” he echoed in a soft whisper. Quietly, he backed slowly into the new hallway and started looking at the doors. As he walked, he noticed an odd whispering sound. He looked up and noticed one of the doors now had his name carved into it. The Kettan cocked his head to one side and cracked the door open, peeking within. To his surprise, the room looked exactly like his own room back on the Third Moon. He squeaked with excitement and flung the door all the way open. “My room!” After a moment he noticed it did have some slight differences. Any doors or windows that he had at home did not seem to exist, but other than that, it was a perfect replica. “…Magic,” he whispered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Rayven71

Rayven71

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:22 am

Wev watched Lellis headbutt a wall for 30 seconds straight and then peel a layer of rocks away to reveal a pristine passage full of rooms he said were anything the guest wanted them to be. This guy is nuts. Wev watched Valliance open the first door and heard him almost squeal with excitement. Maybe he wasn't completely nuts...

Wev was a bit more timid about the whole situation than Valliance. He wanted to think this could all be real, but it seemed more like something from the old fairy tales he heard as a kid. After a moment of consideration, Wev decided to find his room. Valliance seemed to be having a good enough time, anyway. He found the room with his named inscribed in it. He paused for a moment to note how incredibly eerie all of this was before opening the door, and to his amazement, standing in the entrance of what seemed to be his old room back on Vithian. A myriad of musical instruments lined the walls, as well as several speakers of various sizes. Blue glowing cables were strung from the ceiling and covered the floor, going from one instrument to another, faintly pulsing.

He made his way through the mess of cables, amazed that they were all where he had left them. Though they looked like a giant mess on the ground, he had them in very specific places, and he had become very skilled at running through without stepping on them. He walked to the small bed in the corner and sat down. He had no idea what was going on, but now he didn't really care.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:01 am

A murky and pale blue light formed in the center of the tower. Many gray severed hands dropped from it, and a truly gruesome voice was emitted. "Whoever the softseed was that took Thukr from my realm deserves to get strangled with his own intestines!! Let this be a warning to you, softseed, you are now known to me. Cross me again and I will personally eat you and your entire planet!"

Thukr knew this voice. It was the voice of her master, Throaveir. Why had she not thought of this before? Of course her master would save her from her kidnapping. Thukr gladly accepted her rescue.

And with that, Thukr crumbled into many small chunks of limestone, which were then absorbed into the light. The severed hands however, were left.

As the last of the chunks were taken, they revealed a small girl. She had silver hair and wore what seemed to be a white witches hat with a black strap around the base of it. She wore a white tank top, and a black skirt.  Her skin was that of a normal halfling, but had a slight metallic look to it.

She look up at everyone, still slightly dazed, "Huh? What happened?"

Throaveir then screamed, "You are the replacement in order for Thukr to return to Scccr! And now I leave!" The severed hands then floated up into the air and simply vanished.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:19 am

Vessyr stared down the hallway for a long time, before slowly stepping over the threshold.  It held, though after watching the others, she wasn't entirely surprised.  Carefully, she made her way down the hallway until she came to the door that suddenly had her name in it.  She looked left, right, and slowly opened the door.

Inside was a plain room.  A bed, a few shelves, and little else.  She looked around, the feathers on the back of her neck standing almost on end.  It looked exactly like her own room, but that was far too good to be true.  She stepped inside, hardly making a sound, and leaving the door open.  She slid open a drawer and stared at its contents.  Her blade and dagger.  Without thinking, her hand slid to her back- yes, still there.  But she only owned one set, these were...  Copies?  Holograms?  She closed the drawer, slightly dazed, and went to sit on the bed.  It, at least, seemed real and normal.

Shade slipped down the hallway before Vessyr did, far less surprised. Magic was fairly common where he came from, though not so much on this scale. He opened his door cautiously, anyway. Magic may not be a surprise to him, but that didn't make it any more trustworthy. Behind the door was a forest, and it didn't appear to have an end. He stared, surprised, for several seconds, before going inside. It was real, or at least mostly real, and didn't seem to have an end.

He took off, not quite running, taking in the scenery. The trees- they were alive, all of them. It was practically impossible. He could look up to see the stars, the moon, the entire sky, complete with a few clouds. But there was nothing in the forest but the trees. No animals, no other plants, not even grass. Still, this didn't bother him a whole lot. When he thought he had gone far enough, he slowed to a stop, and looked around for a tree to climb- wait.

The door. It was right there, not three feet away from him. It had been behind him, but when he turned around, there it was. He wasn't sure how far in he had gone, but it was far more than three feet. Nervously, he jogged a few more yards, and turned around. And there was the door.

That certainly wasn't right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable Cheese   Inconceivable Cheese - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Inconceivable Cheese
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: