Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:16 am

The Pride Days

Introduction
Deep in the heart of Africa lies a land overflowing with life. The savannah, the deserts, the jungles and forests. An abundance of life lies here. In the regions of Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and their neighbors is where our story begins. Lions, cheetahs, hyenas, and many other animals must survive the harsh world and not lose their minds in the process.

The Story So Far
The sun rises over the territory of the great Ridge Pride of lions. Though their greatness is growing short and their numbers are mysteriously dropping. Why are so many lions disappearing? To the surprise of the pride, it was their neighbor, River Pride, that began capturing Ridge Pride's hunters as they snuck out to find prey. River Pride began throwing their captives off of a cliff and into a crocodile-infested river just beside their camp. As soon as the Prince of Ridge Pride was thrown off of the cliff, the witnesses reported it to King Star of Ridge Pride, who mourned for the apparent loss of his son, Prince Jali. But Jali had not died. He had escaped by the will of some greater power, as his survival was a miracle. He was taken to the Brushland Clan of hyenas, where he was mended and healed. The next day, a massive battle occurred, slaying many lions. In the battle, King Saber and his mate Queen Nara of River Pride were killed. The Queen of Smother Klan, a clan of hyenas allied with River Pride, Queen Skar, survived and escaped. Though one horrible occurrence came into the happening. King Star was killed and as Jali returned, he shared a final moment with his father, before the breath vanished from him forever.

Fast forward several moons, Jali was now king and his mate Sira had convinced him that it was now time for them to continue Jali's dynasty by having cubs. Near the same time, Zanita, Queen of Brushland Clan brought her adoptive son,  tiglon named Gamba, to Ridge Pride so that he may be raised with others like him. He met with Layla, his new hunting partner and the two became close friends. Soon, drought strikes Kenya. It became so severe that Ridge Pride, Brushland Clan, and Skystone Clan of Cheetahs all joined forces and began to migrate north, into Ethiopia. All the while they were being followed by the notorious lion named Snake, and his four sons. He claimed that his former mate, a lioness among Ridge Pride, was pregnant with his own children. It was later known that she was not, rather the cubs belonged to her current suitor, a lion named Kal.

As each clan settled in Ethiopia, things were peaceful. Ridge Pride was renamed Sunset Pride, a name thought of by Layla, as she remembered how her sister Dyna had always loved the sunset. Dyna had previously been killed by Queen Skar. Snake attacked Sunset Pride several days afterwards, hoping to kill Jali for banishing him from the Pride. However, Sunset Pride had expected it. Each member of the Pride applied the dangerous substance of khat pulp to their furs which paralyzed animals upon oral contact. Snake and his sons (save for Var, who betrayed them) all fell to their defeats easily. Gamba led Jali and his brother Taru to drag the bodies to a cave in which was infested with rabid bats. They tossed the paralyzed culprits inside where they were infected and died.

As relationships improved, Gamba and Layla soon grew strong feelings for each other. Layla, too shy to confess, was aided by Sira in the act of telling Gamba. In the end, Gamba and Layla became mates. With the arrival of a lioness named Kyra not long after, Gamba introduced her to his friends, including Var. Var and Kyra soon became close as well. As new enemies rise, it is discovered that Snake's family still remains and plans revenge. Many moons of war between the Sunset Pride and the Moonrise Pride, and many die. The legends surrounding the mysterious Spirits are proven true with the discovery of a magic stone left behind by Jali's deceased father, who stole it from the Spirits themselves.

Kyra's father Ammon becomes immobilized by Aziza, the queen of Moonrise Pride. Shebla, Sunset Pride's medical lioness cares for him and discovers many of his secrets. The two grow close, until Ammon fears that his affections for her may weaken him and leaves, making a deal with Aziza's son, Kavis, Dalmaa's Champion, to keep from attacking the Pride. The dishonorable Kavis lies and attacks anyways, but fails to kill his enemies.

King Saber, brought back to life by the Spirits but in the form of a new body, joins the Pride in an act of forgiveness and reconciliation. Going out with a party of lions and moving out into Kenya to find the stone that Star left behind, he crosses over the Great River of Saber. They find Kenya has changed since they last saw it in its dried, dead state. They find it completely flooded. They face many trials: a devious crocodile, a pack of maniacal hyenas, a Dark King, a forest of snakes, and the waters of death. Finding the Stone, the Sodaki, they head back to Ethiopia where others join them to deliver the Stone to the Talon, a mountain with a sad history, where they plan to deliver the stone to Protheus, the chief Spirit so that he may destroy his nemesis, Dalmaa.

How Things Work
This naturally is a 1x1 RP between me and Vipera, and in a way we prefer it that way. But, as it started out as a group RP, I think it should continue to be called that. We may allow one or two more people to join in, though.

The main story takes place in Sunset Pride, in its camp. Our characters are usually any animals that are native to the region(s). The characters believe strongly in a system of spirits that have created the world. For the first time since the beginning ages of time, that belief has been proven. Spirits may send their help in the form of dreams and likewise miracles, though very rarely do they manifest physically in the mortal world. The most common to do this were Dalmaa and Snake, but even then, their physical appearances were rare.

Helpful Vocabulary
Moon - About 1 Month
Sunhigh - Noon
Moonhigh - Midnight
Khat - An African Plant that disorients/incapacitates victims.
Deathberries - A killing black berry
Float - Group of Crocodiles
Whelp - A baby Hyena
Sodaki - Spiritual Word for "Stone of Sin"

Characters
(Spirits are italicized. More to be added)

Darkel
- Layla
- Shebla
- Var
- King Jali
- Queen Sira
- Taru
- Saber
- Snake
- Skar
- Feth
- Kavis
- Aziza
- Nassor
- Cyla
- Zalika
- Nail
- Nara
- Mira
- Kal
- Kamuzu
- King Moral
- Seduki
- Drula
- Ramla
- Subira
- Dalmaa
- Belabi

ViperaUnion
- Kyra
- Gamba
- Ammon
- Coglon
- Shadow
- Mabel
- Zanita
- Kadir
- Bakari
- Aina
- Omari
- Atsu
- Kakra
- Seker
- Egret

Last edited by Darkel on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Yay! The OOC is up! Although you're missing some of my characters, Dark. You left out Coglon and Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Crap. I knew I was missing someone.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Well, it's fine, I think that was it.

I also sent you a PM with a plot idea I've been mulling over. I don't know if you'll let me do it, though.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Ok. Also, I decided in going to spell Scar's name with a 'k' now. It seems a bit more feminine and I feel that it suits her better, in case you were wondering, as that's how I spelled it in the OP.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Okay, I have finished with my list of protagonists in the band of the story, and I will not add any more. Dark, can you tell me how many Chosen characters you intend to introduce into the Ancient Shadows plot? I need to know which new characters are considered a part of it, because the Second Blue Moon I'm referring to is when any more characters you plan on being Chosen will be given a Mark, and I won't be making any more new characters for awhile except for the villains.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Well, I do have the two young females you requested. I'm still working with the names, though. I've been stuck on that for literally weeks.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:05 am

Go on a list and pick them, but be careful, because I already took a bunch of names, and there's a chance they might conflict somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:32 pm

In my next post I'll do a time skip of about 2 moons, by which time Kavis should be back to walking and hunting strength. I presume that the cubs will be a bit older as well.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:13 am

Alright. Are we about to do the Kavis/Dark Side thing? I can say Gamba was out hunting, or something, so he wasn't able to do anything.

...of course, then...enter, Hasina!
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:08 pm

...Hasina is the name of Layla's mom.

And yes. It shouldn't take too long, but in order for me to use Kavis properly in future plots, this will need to have occurred.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Oh...dear...I picked a conflicting name...gah...Should I still use it, or...?
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:51 pm

You could, but it'll get confusing in all the scenes where Layla and Fenuku talk about her.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:28 pm

That's my own problem right now, believe it or not. In my school, people will say your name, and then the first initial of your last name, but in one of my classes, there's another girl who has the same first name, and the same last initial as me. Therefore, people will just say our first names, and because they never do anything to differentiate between us (It's like an afterthought) I often have no clue who they're speaking about. Most of the time, though, they're not talking about me, since I don't make a lot of active efforts to speak to the people around me, and there's probably not much they could talk about referring to me, either.

...I don't know why I just started saying that.

Okay, name re-vision. Masika
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Masika sounds great Very Happy

I wish I could relate (sorta). There's nobody else I know with my name, lol. But there's this guy that looks, sounds, and acts EXACTLY like me and that's kinda annoying. Even more so when people refer to him as a "cooler" version of me, lol.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:45 pm

A doppelganger? Oh, that sounds even more confusing...
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Yeeeaaahhh. My friends even accidentally call him by my name at times.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 am

Okay, Dark, again, I have to ask you, among your characters, who is supposed to be Chosen, and who isn't? I need to know in advance.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Well, we said that this new plot will mainly be between the current cubs correct?

EDIT: Also, I got bored and compiled a list of my personal favorite moments from the story.

http://darklord979.deviantart.com/journal/My-Favorite-Moments-in-Pride-Days-490819560

And lately I've been thinking about what more we could do. I really think Pride Days has a certain potential past just this thread. You said you'd be open to doing a wiki correct? I'm also going to start working on some PD art and use a specialized PD themed account on dA. I also thought it might be cool to open up a few web pages themed on PD.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 pm

If it's between the current cubs, I might have messed up, I didn't say anything about Saber's cub, and chances are he'll be involved, too.

Dark, I was also going to ask, we were going to try out the reversed gender-role idea, and I have the lioness made up already. Did you finish writing some sort of short-script for the male?

Also, in relation to art, I'm working on designing spirits in my mind right now (Because drawing takes days and days of conception)
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Okay, sorry for the double-post, but I need to mention this so you know.

Dark, the storyteller Fusan is supposed to be the male you asked me to make for Subira, so I decided to make him and introduce him earlier in the story, since we need the characters to be around the same age group.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:22 pm

Ah, ok. I'll have her come along in my next post then.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 5:59 pm

I'll post tonight if I can. Been busy.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 pm

It's fine. I was swimming in an ocean of papers the past week trying to do all the stuff my teachers assigned. One of them extended the deadline to Monday, so I am now more free to do things. I'm kind of just relaxing, today.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:55 am

Hey really sorry I haven't posted in so long. You have no idea how busy I've been lately
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pride Days (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (OOC)   Pride Days (OOC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride Days (OOC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next