Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Whitefire

Whitefire

Gambit (IC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Rising high into the clear sky, Whitefire was soon hardly a speck to the others down below. Grinning happily, she reveled in the feeling of the wind and the warm sun for a moment before narrowing her orange eyes to look around. There was, of course, the field...and there were miles of forest surrounding it. To the left were mountains. There wasn't much else to see. Sighing, she tucked her wings to her sides and let herself fall.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Nuke patiently waited for Whitefire to come back down, arms folded. "So, did you see anything of use to us?" he asked. While he waited for an answer, he picked up a piece of grass, looking over its details, seeing if he could ascertain any clues about this new place.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 pm

"Judging by her posture," Dee said quietly, "I doubt she did." The problem with Dee saying much of anything is that he was not likely to be heard. He was very soft-spoken, and he found the company of more than one to be too much.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Stretching her wings out with a snap at the last second, she slowed her fall and landed quietly. "I may not have found anything useful to you, but I did find information useful to me," Whitefire said with a faint smile on her lips. "There is absolutely no direction which would be better to go, seeing as there is nothing but forest and mountains, so that means I can go in the exact opposite direction of you and still be in the same predicament," she teased, laughing softly. "Alright then," she said, waving a hand at him. "Carry on, fearless leader."

Last edited by Whitefire on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Zal-Tek raised an eyebrow, but made no comment.  He had, in fact, heard Dee's comment, and nodded at him.  Still, it was as he had suspected.  Every direction was exactly the same, as far as they could tell.  Without a word, he began walking in the direction they had originally started in.  Sure, it wasn't the best way to figure anything out, but it was a start.  Besides, he didn't greatly like his current simplest way to get back home.  It wasn't exactly what one would call fun.  At least he had the opportunity to find out more about these other beings, in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Dee's comment was not lost on Nuke, who actually agreed with him, but didn't say anything. Nuke turned to Whitefire. "Very well" Nuke rolled his eyes slightly, and continued walking in the direction of the forest with Zal-Tek. This feline creature was annoying, especially with her attitude and petty threats, but as of yet she hadn't been aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Doctor Dee was unsure if he was meant to follow. Unwilling to make the general assumption that he was included in this adventure, he stayed put. So far these beings seemed nice enough, if a bit unusual in their own respect. Dee supposed that he must appear strange to them, but then again, he generally assumed that with every person he had the pleasure of meeting.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Zal-Tek paused, checking over his shoulder. Sure enough, Doctor Dee was not following them. He frowned and circled back. "Aren't you coming?" he asked, confused. Dee was almost entirely unreadable to Zal-Tek, something that almost never happened. He really knew nothing about the strange person, yet another mystery he intended to solve.

"C'mon," he continued before Dee could answer his question, "you can't just stay out here all alone."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:33 am

Quietly, Whitefire walked up to Dee with a faint smile, taking one of his gloved hands to pull him gently in the direction everyone was walking. "Come on, Dee..." She laughed softly. "There's no point in just standing here looking like a lost puppy, hm?"

(also, if anyone is confused as to what Whitefire looks like and is wearing, here is a drawing of her-> http://whitefiretequiiya.deviantart.com/art/I-Am-Not-A-Pirate-481588918)

Last edited by Whitefire on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Dee offered no comment, allowing himself to be guided over to everyone else. He was not quite sure what to make of Whitefire's analogy; he was quite convinced that he was not lost, as being lost entailed one did not know how to get home. While home was a nonexistent entity, Dee was certain he could get back to somewhere familiar in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Nuke stood waiting for them as Dee and Whitefire rejoined the group. "Now that we're all together, let us continue and see what we can find" he said, turning and continuing towards the forest in the direction they had chosen to go.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Zal-Tek smirked, amused that Nuke seemed to think he was the leader. Ok, maybe he actually was, but only because someone had to decide what they were going to do, and Zal-Tek himself couldn't quite be bothered. So he followed, hanging back slightly. He kept his eyes open as they walked into the forest, all too aware that they could be ambushed at any time. NOt that that would be a problem, for him.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Obviously, Whitefire could care less if they were ambushed. She ran ahead excitedly, a hand on the hilt of her sword as she wove through the trees with an almost disturbingly quiet step. She was fairly light on her feet.

She tucked her wings to her sides and let them dissipate. When she wasn't flying they were too cumbersome to keep out.

With a gasp she suddenly stopped, arms splayed out. Then she took a step forward, crunching leaves loudly under her boots with a smile. "Ahah..." She jumped around in them for a moment before getting bored and climbing the tree nearest her.

"You guys are super boring. Just felt the need to tell you." She peeked down at the three of them through the leaves, grinning. "I've probably had a better conversation with a space chicken."

Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Dee watched Whitefire intently, having decided she was the most energetic of the group and thus the most interesting. He wondered what a space chicken looked like, but was not curious enough to ask. When Whitefire disappeared up the trunk of a tree, Dee's attention was set elsewhere. This time on his other companions, specifically Zal-Tek as his appearance was most unusual. Zal-Tek did not resemble an animal, or at least one that Dee knew, aside from perhaps that of a lizard.
Studying Zal-Tek with the same intensity that he studied everything, Doctor Dee was unaware that sometimes his gaze was perceived as unsettling. Unwanted attention from anything could be unsettling.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Nuke rolled his eyes at Whitefire's comment. He was never bored, there was always things to take in on so many levels that most people never ever noticed. However since since she was jumping around, he decided to humor her.
He moved over the tree she was standing and started walking up the trunk as if it was the ground, his body parallel to the forest floor. He folded his arms as he past Whitefire and started walking upside down on the underside of one of the branches near her, his head even with where she was. "If you don't like the conversation, perhaps you can think up something good to talk about." he remarked.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 pm

A show off, is he? I can do that.

There was a bright flash of golden light, and suddenly Zal-Tek was on top of the branch Nuke was walking 'on'. He grinned down at Nuke, as if issuing a challenge. Sure, it was a waste of time, but it was greatly amusing. Besides, they weren't in any danger, and there was little chance they would be later either.

"Show off, aren't ya?" he said, smirking as if he had hardly done anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 pm

"Are we really doing this....." Whitefire muttered to herself, rolling her eyes at the two of them. "Alright." She stood up. "I can trump all of that." Grinning, she gave a wink and jumped out of the tree, landing with hardly a sound. Orange light sparked from her hands, and with small, indiscernible movements, the white cat forced it outward, lighting up the once dark forest in a display of light. Clenching her fist, she formed the light into a sphere around her that hardened to the touch. Inside, she sat down and grinned at them. "I can't hear your useless chatter now!"

lel
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:02 am

Standing a few feet away from the base of the tree that Zal-Tek and Nuke were in, Doctor Dee watched the three beings in front of him proceed to try and outdo each other with their abilities. Pulling his hands out from behind his back, Dee clapped softly. This was most interesting.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:12 am

"A showoff? Hardly. This is normal for me, I was trying to get Whitefire's attention because she keeps prattling on about how boring we are, and yet she hasn't started a single interesting conversation yet." Nuke replied to Zal-Tek, dropping off the branch. His body seemed to rotate in midair so that he landed on his feet. He continued "However if you feel it necessary to 'show off', go ahead."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 am

Zal-Tek scoffed. "Same difference."

He jumped off the branch, looking much like a cat, and landed gracefully near Nuke. He inspected the dome Whitefire had created with interest. "But fine," he said, not taking his eyes off the sphere, "what do you want to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 am

"Get my attention?!" She had obviously lied about not being able to hear them. "I've seen much stranger things than someone standing upside down." Whitefire said, laughing. She un-clentched her hand and the light dissipated. Standing quietly, she flicked her tail in slight irritation. "Some good sword play might get my attention though." Slowly, she drew her sword, smiling faintly. The material the sword was made from was a light orange color, and the twisted, odd shaped hilt was black. "Anyone up for a fair fight?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:31 am

Swordplay.

"I do not think that is a wise activity," Dee stated softly. He offered no explanation.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:57 am

"It is not if what is normal to me is showing off to you." Nuke countered. He folded his arms again. "Well, why don't we tell each other about ourselves?" he suggested, walking over to Whitefire's dome. He repeated his question to her by vibrating the air inside her dome.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:10 am

(Disregard last post)

Nuke considered Whitefires offer. "I suppose I could take you up on that." he said. A sword appeared in his right hand, the material looking like polished chromium. He pointed it towards her, and used his left hand to beckon her forwards.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:31 am

Whitefire didn't move. "I have made it priority to never make the first swing." she stated flatly, and stared at him calmly. Flicking her tail, she sighed. "Besides, you should be wary when crossing swords with me, Nuke." She looked over at Zal-Tek. "Would you like to join him? I think I'm up for a challenge."

Last edited by Whitefire on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 2 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: