Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei

Sairei

Gambit (IC) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:05 am

The commander looked very confused. "Swamp? What swamp?" he asked. "I don't know anything about a swamp."

"He speaks truthfully," Dee said.

The commander shot a look at the black-clad figure, wondering how on Earth it knew he wasn't lying.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:19 am

"A swamp...." Whitefire muttered. "I'm not walking through that." Sighing, she landed next to Zal-Tek and spoke to everyone. "Come on, why are you asking HIM? No one knows anything about this place, and it obviously changes as we go along."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:19 am

Wondering how Silvera remained so calm not matter what all the time, Nuke turned to Zal-Tek and spoke "No, there is not a wall. A wall is not usually considered impassable, unless perhaps I overestimated you. I digress however, the swamp seems to be an infinite loop. It is quite possible and rather probable that there is a way through this, but to find it would require knowledge or space-time powers, which I admit I lack."
He turned to the commander "Well there is a swamp there, and if you don't know how to get through it, then following the path from here will not work." he paused "Unless of course the swamp doesn't exist for you....which would not be the biggest surprise I have run into"
He smiled at Whitefire's comment "You will probably have to anyway, flying doesn't work and neither does teleportation"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:42 am

"I believe we should continue to follow the path," Dee suggested. "If it leads into a swamp, so be it. If we are led back here, we may always choose another direction."

The commander was too busy trying to process how a swamp could not exist for him to answer Nuke again.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:51 am

Flicking her ears in agitation, Whitefire immediately started walking in the direction of the swamp and down the path, ready to fall apart again. She stretched out her wings, hopping and gliding as she went.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:11 am

Nuke looked in Whitefire's direction as she left, then jumped back over the wall and followed her, hovering a few feet off the ground. When he had drawn even with her, he spoke "I didn't say it earlier, but I don't think your loved ones are actually dead Whitefire. I think that they are alive and well at home. I hope you can take comfort in that."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 am

Whitefire stared at Nuke for a moment, then shifted her gaze to the ground as she walked. "Even if you are right, seeing believable illusions of my husband and children....bloody and dead...is enough to make me hysterical." She said this with her teeth bared somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 am

"Um..." The commander said, watching everyone slowly float off. He looked at Dee questioningly.

"It would seem we have elected to leave you alone," Dee said quietly, slightly amused by the way the commander eyed him. "Answer me this: Where will you go?"

"...I suppose I could meet with the Humvee crew I sent out not too long ago." the commander realized, "They should be back here within an hour anyway."

"Good," Dee said. "I trust you will not attempt to follow us." And with that, he vanished, reappearing outside the base where the path continued.

Staring blankly at the place Dee had been standing, the commander realized he'd never thanked the mysterious figure for stopping the white cat from mauling him.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Zal-Tek nodded his head at the commander before turning away and following the others. He quickly caught up with the other three, but deigned to stay in the back near Dee. He decided he'd rather not have anything to do with Nuke right then.

He supposed the three could have been an illusion, and probably were, but that just made him more nervous. He could almost invariably see through illusions without the slightest effort, but the game/library earlier had shown him that even he couldn't always tell. He knew that, but it worried him because of the implications. It would take a powerful being to cast that kind of illusion on him...
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 2:34 am

"I understand" Nuke said, nodding. Then he was silent.
He remained so even as the others fell in with them, although in his mind he was far from silent Funny how we all end up together even though some of us do not seem to get along
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:09 am

Whitefire folded her arms while they walked, looking fairly unhappy still. Blinking once, she became thoughtful for a moment, and suddenly her face brightened. "Hey Nuke," she grinned, her eyes flashing in amusement, "have you ever like, I don't know...maybe loved a lady, hmm?" The white cat grinned.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:17 am

The swamp was not a nice place. Not fifty feet from the back gate to the compound it lay, murky and damp. The path weaved through it, the only dry way it seemed. The trees were thick, gnarled, and smelled as if they were rotten. It was dark underneath the trees, the faint light of wayward fireflies the only source of light. How odd the swamp looked, so shady, while the sun blazed bright overhead.

Dee stopped at the edge of the swamp, looking into it curiously. He could see the trail snaked through it, visible faintly through the trees for a couple feet before being swallowed by vegetation. As he gazed, crudely-made torch stuck in the ground every fifty feet or so lit up, rivaling the light of the fireflies. There was something afoot here.

Gazing at the water, a dark green-gray sludge that bubbled in some places, Dee considered what sort of unsavory creatures might lie in wait just below the surface. It was then he noticed a sign, painted white, sticking out a few feet away from the edge of the water. It was stained green with algae, but its message still read clear.

KEEP TO THE PATH
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:29 am

Nuke raised an eyebrow at Whitefire's question, then answered "No I have not. Not romantically at least." He sighed heavily "It would be interesting for me to love someone like that, not to mention dangerous for them"

As they reached the swamp he looked around, remembering his swim through it. "So he didn't know anything about this swamp, even though its only a short distance from the compound he is in charge of" he chuckled. Looking at the others, he decided to take the initiative and venture out onto the path first. He looked back at the others "Anyone care to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:51 am

Twitching her whiskers, Whitefire smiled and opened her mouth again to say something, but the sight of the swamp suddenly left her wordless. "Woah..." she stared for a second, and then nodded absently at Nuke. "Yeah, yeah, keep your britches on." She followed him into the swamp, and got a weird look on her face. "I suppose that only works if one wears britches."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 4:12 am

"I only really wear britches when I'm wearing my armor" Nuke replied with a smile "And that is a bit of a different story" He swished his hand and brought forth a cloak that seemed to be made of millions of tiny diamonds woven into a silver material, then with a swish made it disappear again.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 4:35 am

"My my, isn't this just a lovely conversation," came a voice. A familiar voice. An annoying voice. Smiling down at them from the trees like some Cheshire cat, was the tiny form of Até. This time, for a change, she looked happy to see the party. She lounged across a branch, her tail waving slightly. "Personally I'm surprised you made it this far," she laughed, flipping onto her back and curling her tail around the branch.

"Até," Dee said, acknowledging her presence.

"You betcha," Até replied, winking at him.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:02 pm

"Woah." Whitefire's eyes widened. "That cloak is pretty." Her ears flicked back as she heard Até's voice, and her gaze shifted to the creature up in the tree with a smile. "Hi Até!" she purred happily. "Where have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:47 pm

At the sound of Até's voice, Nuke cringed inwardly, almost the same way he did when he heard Wedge's voice. He shifted his gaze to her "Hello Até"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Zal-Tek stopped in his tracks the moment he heard Até speak. He blinked, looking at her with some degree of confusion. "Hello," he said cautiously, keeping a close watch on her. After what she had said last, he was slightly suspicious of her. She knew more than she let on...
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Até looked down at the group expectantly. When none of them said anything else other than her name and a few greetings, she frowned. "What? None of you are going to ask me what I'm doing here? How...disappointing." She let herself fall from the tree to the path, standing up to her full height. She, as usual, was not impressive, being about two feet tall.

Até sighed heavily. "Well if you must know why I'm here, it's merely to check up on you." Her gazed shifted to Nuke. "Very interesting way to handle a neutral military base, I might add," she said in a hissed whisper. "Very effective." She pointed a finger at him, and a red light shot out temporarily tinging his fur red as blood. Waving her hand, the light turned off and Nuke resumed his normal brown colors.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:00 am

"Welllllll....." Whitefire chirruped. "Now that I have gone through the worst experience of my life I'm sure nothing can be more awful." She smiled up at Até. "And if it there is something, I have flowers to make it better!" Smiling, she straightened her flower crown, purring.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:02 am

Nuke raised his eyebrow at Até's statement. "Neutral doesn't deny talking to someone, nor do they torture children. Those men seemed right out of a war zone Até, which is not what this area is. Did you bring them here like you likely brought us?" His eyes were narrowed down at her, his expression serious. A mountain staring down a molehill.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

Até laughed at Nuke. "Oh fine," she giggled, "you go on believing whatever you wish to believe. In the end only I know the truth." She waved him off, still laughing quietly. "It wasn't your battle to fight, but oh well." She dropped down to all fours and stretched like a cat. "Anyway, I'm supposed to warn you about this swamp," she said. "It's got things in it. Strange things. Oh and you can't get through it without help."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:44 am

Zal-Tek raised an eyebrow. "Things?" He questioned, "what kind of things? And what kind of help?" He didnt particularly like either one of these ideas, but he could at least figure out what they were up against.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:06 am

Whitefire suddenly became serious again as she glanced at Zal-Tek and then back at Até. "Yes.....it would be quite helpful to know......" She then shrugged and twirled around once before stepping in front of Dee, orange eyes gazing up at him curiously. "Dee," she said, "do you ever take your mask off?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 17 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: