Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Whitefire

Whitefire

Gambit (IC) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 pm

"Well that makes this a bit more interesting." Whitefire said with wide eyes. She poked the collar worriedly before looking back at Até. "Would you mind asking us a question now? I believe we've been waiting a while..." she said this with a bit of hesitancy.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 1:15 am

"No magic!" Até growled disapprovingly at Zal-Tek. Her tail twitched back and forth. She then looked reproachfully back at Whitefire. "You want me to ask you the questions before I explain the rules and qualifications?!" she gasped, astounded. "Fine then, don't blame me if your head gets blown off!"
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 1:26 am

Whitefire choked slightly, and it wasn't because of the collar. "Wha- oh goodness no, please explain," she said, biting her lip. "I suppose I'd really rather know the rules on second thought. Hng."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 5:47 pm

"I thought so," Até growled. She moved the megaphone in front of her mouth again, and stepped off her throne. She began walking on air, pacing around Zal-Tek and Whitefire. "The rules are simple. As I said earlier, I'm going to ask you some questions regarding things you should know. When you have an answer, buzz in by pressing that nice shiny button in front of you. Both of you will be allowed a chance to answer, but whoever buzzes in first will be awarded a point. Whoever has the most interesting answer will be awarded another point. Whoever has the most points by the end of our little game wins! Got that?"

She didn't wait for anyone to reply.

"Oooh there's also a catch," she said sweetly, returning to her throne. "If you lie, in any sense of the word, that collar is going to send a disk of concentrated soundwaves through your neck." She smiled happily, as if waiting for someone to congratulate her. "I call it my sonic guillotine!"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:28 pm

"No lying? Not even a little bit?!" Whitefire looked appalled, and turned to  Zal-Tek, seemingly horrified. "Well this is awful." She shifted her gaze back to Até, orange eyes wide. "What if it's a really good lie?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 pm

"You're funeral, fur-face," Até mumbled, examining her left forepaw curiously.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Whitefire shrugged grudgingly. "Alriiiight...." She sighed. "No lying."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Zal-Tek returned Whitefire's gaze, suspicious, then turned back to Até. No lying? Well, that could make things a bit less fun, and he really didn't trust Até enough to tell her much of anything, but it was hardly as impossible for him as most people seemed to think. He growled under his breath, then asked, "are we going to start, then?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 4:24 am

"Alright let's have one practice round," Até said, lounging on her throne. Her eyes lit up, glowing pink. She looked at the contestants with something akin to hunger."Where is it that you are from?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 4:40 am

Até's gameshow reminded Nuke very much of Wedge's antics, although usually mortals were not involved so the supposed danger was actually minimal. This however, was distressing. Nuke spoke "Até, might I take one of their places? This sounds rather interesting" he said, telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Whitefire shrugged and pressed the buzzer in front of her, ignoring Nuke for the moment. "I am actually from an underdeveloped world called Ultam, but my home is the Third Moon of Rathor." She tugged somewhat at the collar around her neck.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Zal-Tek, somewhat aggravated with this rather pointless game, hit his buzzer.  "I was born in the Acieran woods, but currently spend most of my time either in a pocket dimension, or wandering."
May as well give the same amount of information Whitefire had.  Besides, this creature was able to find these things out on her own, if she wanted.  He was unlikely to be able to hide anything, not that he liked it.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 pm

"Point for Whitefire for answering first," Até smiled. "However Zallie, I like your answer more. A pocket dimension you say? Fascinating." She turned toward Nuke, making a face at his request. "If I let you play, then I'd have to change the rules," she whined. "No." Reacquiring her smile, she turned back toward the contestants.

"That question was easy enough, no?" she asked sweetly. "Let's make things more interesting. So in these strange places you're from... Are you well-liked or hated? Perhaps both?"

"...That is an odd question," Dee said softly, mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Zal-Tek gave Até a look somewhere between thoughtful and suspicious.  He shrugged and hit his buzzer, answering, "that really depends on who you ask, but I like to think most people at least respect me."

"By the way," he growled, "don't call me that again."

Last edited by Angelwolf99 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Whitefire listened to Zal-Tek, and then turned to Até, speaking quietly. "I'm hated on Ultam, since I used to work as a mercenary, but on Rathor I am loved." She sighed somewhat, suddenly feeling exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Até laughed quietly. "Point to Zal-Tek for answering first," she giggled, "and another point to him for having the most interesting answer." She winked at Zal-Tek. "Depends on whom one asks? A respectable lad? Perhaps I should ask around."

A thin metal pole extended horizontally out from Até's throne in the direction of the spectators. Running along it like a squirrel, Até posed her question to the audience of two. "What do you two think?" she queried, looking between Nuke and Doctor Dee with some interest as the pole swayed wildly beneath her. It was attached so that it could pivot all around her throne in 360 degrees. "What do you two think of your ol' buddy Zal-Zal?"

Score: 3:1 in Zal-Tek's favor.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Nuke answered her question "I think he is alright, although I admit I have not known him for very long"
He folded his arms and reclined back a little bit, like he was in a chair, although there seemed to be nothing holding him up.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 9:51 pm

"I agree with Nuke," Dee replied in answer to Até's question. Thoughtfully he added, "I believe much remains to be seen."

"You two are boring," Até whined. The metal rod retracted, bringing Até back to her throne. She looked mildly irritated now, and turned back toward the contestants.

"Alright," she moaned, "next question I suppose." Bored, she was silent for an uncomfortable moment. "What is the most fascinating thing you have learned about your companions?" she asked finally, her tone dull. "If anything, that is. I don't expect much."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Zal-Tek had to think about that for a moment.  The truth?  Well, he wasn't really that impressed by anyone under normal circumstances.  But he had to pick something...  It didn't help that he generally liked to let people keep their own secrets, and of course the most fascinating things to learn were ones that were meant to be kept secret.

He narrowed his eyes, then hit his buzzer.  "Dee knows, and is capable of, more than he lets on," he stated, neglecting to say that he really had no idea what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Twitching her whiskers, Whitefire smiled broadly. "Zal is good at dancing!" She gave Zal-Tek an evil grin. "Dee made the flower crown grow back and turned the flowers orange." Then she pointed at Nuke while she touched the flower crown happily. "And Nuke..." Her smile faded as she tried to think of something, and then suddenly she grinned again, almost child-like. "And Nuke is bad at sword fighting!" Her orange eyes glittered happily.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Whitefire's collar twitched, as if it couldn't decide to take her seriously or not. Fortunately, Whitefire's head was not forcibly removed from her body. Até looked remarkably disappointed.

"Point to Zal-Tek for answering first," Até sighed, "but point to Whitefire because she gave me more interesting facts. That makes the score 4 to 2 in Zal-Tek's favor." She reclined backwards on her throne, staring up at the nonexistent ceiling. "I am beginning to tire of this game. A most interesting social group you four have formed, and yet you know so little about each other. How...disheartening." She sat back up, staring at Zal-Tek with interest that bordered on pity. "This will be my last question."

Até jumped up, her body now glowing with an strange pink light. She tore her eyes from Zal-Tek and looked straight ahead. "Where do you want to go?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Zal-Tek frowned, considering that.  Where did he want to go?  That really depended on what Até meant.  He decided to go for the simple answer, aware that it could easily be misinterpreted.  He pressed his buzzer, tensing slightly, and answered simply, "home."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Whitefire blinked at Até's question, and her countenance saddened somewhat. "I only wish I knew...but right now...I think my answer is the same as Zal-Tek." Orange eyes looked at Até wistfully. "I want to go home. Besides," she huffed. "It was almost time for dinner before I left!"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:19 am

Até looked at her two contestants with complete and utter disappointment. "I ought to take points from you both for being unoriginal," she growled, "but I suppose it doesn't matter. I declare Zal-Tek the winner." Her eyes glinted as she looked at Whitefire. "The rest of you can get out of my library now."

In an instant, the blackness and the dark platforms fell away, revealing the party to be standing in a rather large library. There was a silver line down the middle of the library, and a door behind Até. The throne she had been lounging on turned out to be nothing more than a pile of books, stacked high and nearly touching the ceiling.

The amount of books present and not on shelves was startling. There were stacks on the bench next to Dee and Nuke. There were piles on the floor. Piles behind and on top of the counter where a secretary might have sat. There were books stacked between the shelves. One wall seemed to have books stuck to it with some sort of adhesive, forming horizontal columns extending several feet from the wall. The library was a mess of books, all of which had little footprints matching Até marring their dusty coats.

"Get out!" Até growled, pointing at the door behind her. "All of you! All of you but Zal-Tek. I have to give him his prize. And don't touch my books!" What she commanded appeared impossible. There was hardly a patch of floor showing between them and the door, and even so, the door had towering arches of books that looked as if they might topple over at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:42 am

Whitefire looked around in awe at all the books, and was careful to keep her toes away from them when Até shouted. Her ears pricked as she looked around, trying to read the titles, but they were all covered in too much dust to be able to make out the words. "Hmph." Stepping carefully over and around the books, she made for the door, and let her wings materialize. When she was close to the door, the white cat peeked around to make sure Até wasn't looking, and stretched her wings out slightly to hide what she was doing as she walked.

With hardly a break in stride, she picked up a book without a sound and went out the door with a smile. She carefully brushed the dust off the cover to read the title. The Black Death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: