Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Whitefire

Whitefire

Gambit (IC) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:31 am

Whitefire's snarl caught in her throat as soon as Dee made his appearance, and she froze for long enough that he was able to take her quarry. She almost snapped at Dee as well, but the sudden interference of her anger finally let the tears begin to fall.

Silently she cried, placing a hand across her mouth as she grieved. Suddenly turning away from everyone, Whitefire glided back to the base and disappeared into the tent once more. Curling up beside Parrath and her children, Whitefire shook, crying softly.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:37 am

"Damage caused, damage avoided," Dee said quietly. "To what end..."

A firm grip on the commander, Dee walked back towards the base, guiding the commander with him. The commander was in shock, and did not say a word. Eventually they arrived at the tent, but Dee did not go in. Instead he released the commander and stood just outside. He folded his arms, listening to Whitefire's sobs. The commander made no move to escape, standing next to Dee with a muted expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:56 am

Placing her head on Parrath's chest, Whitefire did nothing to stop her tears. The only reason she had changed inside was because she'd loved someone....what was she to do now? Her fiery feelings of rage and anger rose again, but we're once more put out by her feelings of despair and desperation. Her crying did not stop, though she quickly ran out of tears to cry.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:06 am

Zal-Tek followed Whitefire and Dee, but he too stopped outside the tent. Something was very wrong here. He felt that he should leave Whitefire to whatever she was doing, so, after a moment of looking at the commander and Dee, he walked a short distsnce away. He stopped, facing away from the tent, where he could see most of the camp, and stared.

"I apologize," he mumbled in an unrecognizable language, "this deed is not mine to apologize for, but I shall anyway. May you find rest..." He cut off, unsure how to end the sentence in such a foreign place, then finished, "wherever you may go."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:37 am

Nuke followed them back,saying nothing, just considering things. He still suspected that Whitefire's family wasn't really dead, and this was an illusion. All the same it did seem rather disconcerting. Or it would've been if Nuke hadn't had to deal with the Spinehk so much....
He rose up into the air until he could clear the wall, turned and flew off down the path where it continued on the other side of the base.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:55 am

Dee cast a glance at the commander, a warning. Like a child being scolded, the commander gazed at his feet. Seeing as his message was clear, Dee stepped into the tent. Dee was acutely aware of Whitefire's pain, in both a physical and a mental sense. He approached her cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:10 am

Whitefire gazed tearfully up at Dee when he came in, and did not make a move to stop him. She hardly had the energy to cry any more, let alone get up and make someone leave her be. In his presence all she could do was curl up tightly, her body shaking softly. "Please," she whispered, "don't....say anything."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:49 am

Nuke arrived at a dark swamp. He detected his flight being negated, and teleporting wasn't working either. Well I suppose I do fly a lot, time to trudge through it he thought to himself. He lowered himself down and started slogging through the swamp, and swimming in a few places. He thought back amusedly on his beaver origins.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:53 am

Obliging Whitefire, Dee said nothing. He simply crossed his arms behind his back and waited. He wasn't entirely sure what he was waiting for, but often these things made themselves apparent with time.

Outside the tent the commander pondered what had happened today. He wondered if he were still going to be killed. He considered briefly, running away, but decided that the strange black-clad figure would probably catch him if he attempted it. Either way, he was exhausted from the day's events, and sat down on the ground tiredly.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 am

After a minute or so, Whitefire quietly stood, her orange eyes dim. She made no attempt to move further, and didn't say a word.

Blinking the last of her tears away, the white cat turned and clung to Dee silently, forgetting to sheath her claws as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 am

Once more Dee found himself in an uncomfortable position that he was too polite to draw away from. Whitefire's claws digging into his sides, he grimaced silently and did not move. She would be alright, eventually. It would take time... but time to Dee was something he did not concern himself with. Not usually.

The entrance to the tent rippled, and the commander peeked in hesitantly. Dee looked at him inquiringly, as the man seemed to have something to say. For an instant Dee admired the man's bravery.

"Hey um," began the commander, clearly uncomfortable. "Your- your beaver friend's gone, right? I'm... I'm sorry this had to happen this way. You two don't seem as..." he cast a look at Whitefire once more, as if regretting his choice to speak, "...violence-prone? Things could've...could've turned out differently."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 am

Whitefire didn't let go of Dee, but looked up at the commander almost shyly, and sniffed a little. "What are you...talking about?" she asked quietly. "What do you mean?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:09 am

The commander frowned now, having decided he was wrong in speaking. Too late to back out now though. "I'm saying," he said slowly, "that...I might have not had to...give the order...if we hadn't been overwhelmed..." He broke off, realizing how much it sounded like he were trying to save his own skin. He mentally berated himself for trying to fix things.

"Explain," Dee said softly.

Intimidated, the commander went on. "I was given orders to destroy anything and everything that could be considered an asset to enemy forces, should this base be breached." He stared ahead expressionless now, caught up in the memory. "That included prisoners. When the gate blew down I had no choice." He looked at the ground bitterly. None of it seemed to matter now. Everyone in his command was dead.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:20 am

Whitefire stared at the commander in shock. "...What?" Her hands fell to her sides as she tried to absorb the new information. "So it was...his fault." She closed her eyes tightly for a moment, a snarl flashing across her face before she was able to calm herself again.

Inside she was reeling, unsure what she should do, or even say at that point. Nothing mattered anyway, not now.

She laid her ears back, looking at the commander with an odd sort of gaze.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:10 am

Zal-Tek, who had not been very far away, poked his head through the door above the commander.  There was a quiet growl.  He looked at the inside of the tent, taking it all in with a great deal of suspicion, before saying, "violence is the easy option, and this is why I stay away from it."

He continued looking around for a moment, contemplating.  "We should probably catch up to Nuke," he said, unusually level, "if only because I worry what he may be doing, now."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Meanwhile, Nuke continued to slog through the swamp. While most beings that didn't normally dwell in swamps might have found this an unpleasant process, he was in a good mood. Especially now that he was on his way without the reptile's and feline's presences.
He continued walking for a little while, until he came to the edge of the swamp.....but unfortunately this was the same shore he had started from. Odd, I know I headed away from the base, and I never get messed up he thought. Deciding to try again, he headed away from the shore again, running this time, and ended up in the same spot.
Realizing that he couldn't seem to progress on, Nuke decided to return to the others, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Dee nodded once in partial agreement with Zal-Tek. Dee was not one to make judgments on others, even in extreme situations such as this. What he did care about was seeing everyone safely out of this area. It still reeked of violence, and Dee disliked this.

The commander still looked very uncomfortable. "...So what are you going to do with me?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Whitefire didn't know what to say to anyone. Leave? She looked down at the three bodies in the tent, tears threatening to overwhelm her again. Closing her eyes for a moment, she turned away. There was no way she could get over this quickly, no matter how hard she tried, but years of experience in war allowed her to at least pretend she was alright.

Sighing unhappily, a sharp light returned to her eyes, much more harsh than before. "I doubt that I have any say in what we do with you, commander."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:20 pm

About now Nuke jumped over the exterior wall to the compound and approached the tent they were in. Despite having slogged through a swamp, he was dry as a bone and clean.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:27 pm

Zal-Tek looked at Whitefire.  "I disagree," he said, "I would say you have more right than any of us to decide."

At that point, he noticed Nuke approaching, and spun around to face him.  "Welcome back," he spat, "come to see what you've done, or just found something you can't get past?"  He seriously doubted Nuke would have returned for any friendly reason, he simply didn't care enough.  Granted he also probably didn't care enough to be all that interested in watching people suffer, either, but Zal-Tek had a great amount of faith in the power of snarky comments, or at least the fun of them.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:46 pm

"Is your tongue the only useful thing on your body? Because all you ever seem to do is jabber." answered Nuke calmly, his politeness more or less depleted towards Zal-Tek. "But in answer to his question, I think I might have another question for you" he said, looking at the commander.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 am

The commander too noticed Nuke approaching and instinctively tried to hide. Unfortunately there wasn't anywhere to go, so instead he just twitched violently. "What do you want?" he asked, torn between being angry or terrified towards the beaver. Unsure of anyone's intentions at this point, Dee inconspicuously stepped closer to the commander.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:48 am

A rumbling growl emanated from Whitefire's throat. "Shut up," she snapped, both at Zal-Tek and Nuke, "and stop fighting like a couple of housewives. There's nothing I can do now anyway." Fur bristling, Whitefire looked at everyone with a strangely crazed look in her eyes. "I'm sick of this place, and I'm not going to get held up any longer."

With a deft snap of her teeth, she turned and walked to where she'd taken her weapons, boots, cape, and earrings off, and put them on again. Roughly spreading her wings, she hovered near by, the movement of her wings kicking up a bit of dust.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:06 am

Nuke raised his eyebrow at Whitefire's outburst. "Well if you wish to get moving, perhaps you should listen to what I have to say then." He shifted his gaze to the commander, "There is a swamp beyond her that seem to be impassible. I think you might know how to navigate it" he said, his brown eyes locking with the human's.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:01 am

Zal-Tek rolled his eyes, "right, fine, impassible," he said, "What is there a wall?" And did you try blowing it up, he added to himself, rather tired of Nuke's stupid answers. Besides, they hadn't gotten anything done that way, and like it or not, whatever it was that had brought them there seemed to want them together. He'd just keep at it until he could go home, and then forget all about it. Probably. Hopefully.

Idly, he wondered where Whitefire was going, and if she, too, was going to get lost. Maybe he should have told her what Até had told him... Her and Dee, perhaps. Not Nuke, and not just because he didn't like him. He suspected that if Nuke knew something was watching him, he would assume the entire world was an illusion or something, and blow everything up trying to get to whatever it was. That was just bad for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 16 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: