Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei

Sairei

Gambit (IC) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 pm

"Oh sorry," replied Até, laughing again. "I forgot I'm talking to dense idiots who don't know anything." She put the megaphone down, and it disappeared. Jumping up, the little creature skipped around the sullen form of Whitefire, examining her closely. Até nodded to herself knowingly, before walking up to Zal-Tek and doing the same thing. "As I suspected," she muttered to herself. She seemed to be ignoring Nuke and Dee entirely.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Watching the little creature study her, Whitefire bared her teeth slightly and laid her ears back for a moment before turning her head away. "I don't happen to care what you think of me, so go away," she said this with a shooing motion in Até's direction.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:33 am

Zal-Tek stared down at Até disapprovingly. "And what, exactly, does that mean?" He asked, slightly annoyed. This creature was very strange, and he wished it would just get to the point.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:11 pm

"Tell me," Até said, "do you have any idea where you are?" The creature laughed once more, exposing sharp, pointed teeth. She still seemed only interested in Whitefire and Zal-Tek for unknown reasons.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Whitefire huffed and looked over at Até. "I suppose we don't..." Her ears pricked slightly, and her eyes widened as she let wonder overcome her earlier irritation. "Would you mind telling us?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:40 am

"Sure, sure," Até answered amicably. She grinned wickedly. "If you tell me what you know first."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:42 am

Zal-Tek glared down at Até.  "Nothing you don't know, I'm sure," he growled, irritated.  This strange creature was definitely trying to get on his nerves, and It was working.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:39 am

"If we tell you what we know?" Whitefire repeated, looking at the creature questioningly. "What exactly do you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Até sighed, exasperated, as if she could not believe she had to deal with such idiots. "You see," she said slowly, as if speaking to children, "if you tell me what you do know, about anything, then I will know what you don't know. And that's where our little game will begin. Teehee."

Dee, who had been staring at Até this entire time, was now beginning to get the sense that she was purposely trying to confuse them. "I believe she wishes to know how much we have figured out," he translated, "before she will let us pass."

Até looked up sharply at Dee. "Nobody asked you, beakface!"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Zal-Tek rolled his eyes.  "Fine, if only to get you to be quiet that much sooner.  We showed up and we walked here, the end."  He wasnt sure exactly how obvious his slight lie was to Até, but it really didn't matter.  Somehow, he was pretty sure she already knew exactly how much they had already figured out.  If not, it wouldn't hurt them that much to hear something they already knew.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Whitefire thought about what Até said for a moment. Game? Her eyes narrowed. I'm not going to play her game. Slowly, Whitefire stood, looking down at her with a strange expression. "You want to know what I don't know? I'm sorry to inconvenience you but, I already know everything I need to know."

She glanced at Dee. "Yes, I understood what she meant."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:05 am

Nuke stood silently, listening to Até and the others. He decided to try something. "You wish to know what we know? We know nothing. Nothing at all" He folded his arms and looked at the tiny catlike creature with the attitude.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:12 am

Até rocked back on her tail like a kangaroo, holding her toes with her forepaws. "Oh do you now?" she said in response to Whitefire's sass. She looked back and forth between Zal-Tek and Whitefire with a snide grin. "That's what the two of you think, is it? Heehee."

Até looked over at Nuke when he spoke, acknowledging his presence finally. "Oh I already know what you know," she whined, her voice pouty. "I already went through your head." She glanced back at Whitefire and Zal-Tek, still talking. "I don't think they know that though. Maybe if they knew what we knew they wouldn't be so content to go onward unknowing, you know? Personally I'd be more interested in whose company I keep."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Zal-Tek took a step towards Até, irritated.  "Would you just get to the point?" He snapped, wishing he had at least tried to go home earlier, even if he suspected he would still be there anyway.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 am

Slowly, Whitefire frowned, sighing. "I wouldn't mind knowing what you want from me..." she said impatiently. "I would like to play this...game...of yours." Her orange eyes narrowed unhappily.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:53 am

"Oh goody you'll play my game!" Até said cheerfully, her wicked grin still plastered across her face. She looked at Zal-Tek, winking. "Will you play too, dragon-boy?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:29 am

Zal-Tek growled, but nodded. It seemed Até wouldn't be telling them anything, and they couldn't leave the area, so he likely had no real choice. "Just get on with it," he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 am

Até's grin seemed to extend beyond that which was physically possible for her face. "Excellent," she purred.

The glade went dark. Completely dark. It was as if the sun had vanished. The trees fell away and the grass turned into a smooth, dark surface. Até's mushroom turned into a miniature throne, made of the same dark material that now held the party members up.

It now appeared that they were standing on a black, octagonal platform suspended in empty space. Neon blue lights outlined all sharp edges of the place, but cast very little light. Both Dee and Nuke found themselves seated on equally dark benches, while Zal-Tek and Whitefire were placed upon slightly raised platforms, also octagonal in shape. They each had a large, shiny red button in front of them, labeled 'buzzer.'

From atop her thrown, which was now several yards into the air and rising, Até pulled out her megaphone once more. "Who's ready to play the game?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:34 am

Zal-Tek barely contained his first thought, which was something along the lines of 'no one wants to play your stupid game.' This would not have helped anything. Instead he shrugged and nodded again, though he was still scowling. This was not part of his definition of 'getting on with it.'
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:37 pm

As Whitefire took in her new surroundings, a slowly grin started to spread across her face. She looked at Até with something close to excitement or amusement. "This looks fun..." She bared her teeth in a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Through the megaphone, Até began to speak. "Welcome, contestants!" she shouted, "to Até's gameshow!" Behind her in a gaudy show of fireworks appeared every word she spoke, the brighter colors lining up with her inflection and emphasis. After smiling broadly for several seconds too long, she looked over at Dee and Nuke. A murderous look began to grow in her eyes as they continued to sit there and do nothing. "What are you buffoons doing?!" she hissed. "Clap! It's a show! Give me some applause!"

Dee hastily began clapping, though his gloves muffled the sound so much he probably shouldn't have bothered. Either way, this seemed to appease Até for the moment.

Two spotlights switched on loudly, bathing Zal-Tek and Whitefire in a white glow. Distracted by this, Até turned away from the spectators and refocused back on her contestants. "Alright, competitors!" she chirped. Suddenly she paused. "What did you goofs say your names were?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Whitefire blinked in the sudden light, her eyes half open as she tried to get used to it. "Ow..." Her vision flashed abnormally with shards of colors, which was normal for her, but the new light hurt her even more. She waited for a moment, but her sight didn't improve, so she just stood, pretending she could see, and instead used her hearing and smell to detect movement and position. "I don't believe we told you our names in the first place...Mine is Whitefire."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Zal-Tek squinted, finding himself unable to look directly at Até, or really anything. "My name is Zal-Tek," he answered. He wondered why he and Whitefire had been singled out, and why Dee and Nuke were instead in the 'audience.' He really could come up with no explanation, but maybe Até would say something.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Até regained the wicked, impossible grin she'd had earlier. "Thank you for your compliance."

Two long, claw-like devices sprouted from the floor behind Zal-Tek and Whitefire. In an instant, these claws fastened black collars around each of their necks. The material fused together, creating a single band that could not be removed. It was slightly flexible, as to not choke the wearer. It had the wearer's name embroidered on it in a spidery, silver text.

"Alright here's the deal," Até smiled, "I'm going to ask you some questions. Some very specific questions. And if you answer wrong, your collar is going to take your head off! Explosively!"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Zal-Tek blinked, startled, then rolled his eyes. "Death threats, very original." He twisted his neck a couple times, testing how much the collar would bend. Next, he cautiously summoned a gold barrier around it, aware that it may cancel his magic in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 9 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: