Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

Gambit (IC) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Nuke followed Zal-Tek down the trail, listening to Whitefire's input. The water on Whitefire began to accelerate off of her much faster than it had been doing before, but since she had fur, she probably wouldn't have noticed the increased speed, only that after a short while she began to feel drier.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Walking down the path in his usual silence, Dee paid expert attention to the beauty of the place. Like the pit, this path was pretty in such a way that made it feel unnatural. Crafted, almost, like a stage or a set.

Dee wondered where the path would take them. A village, perhaps? Idly, he took the broken petals and stems from the destroyed flower crown out of his pocket and began weaving them back together. At his light touch, the petals lost their natural color and were replaced by a brilliant creamy orange. It also looked like some of the stems had regained their shape.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 pm

As they walked, Whitefire took her boots off and dumped the water out of them before pulling them back on. She felt a bit better though, since her fur had dried somewhat, she was only damp, and much less cold. "Huh."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Zal-Tek took the opportunity to look around as they walked. There was nothing particularly interesting, but something was still strange. Everything was too perfect, and he didn't like it. To him, it seemed less like an attempt to make the place look nicer, and more like an illusion, to get them to let their guard down. He didn't like that either, it made him feel like he was going to be ambushed.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:26 am

Nuke kept his detection up, gathering extensive data on everything around them. He contemplated all that had transpired since they had arrived here.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 2:13 am

Dee finished fixing the flower crown. He admired it for a moment, and then casually draped it over one of Whitefire's ears. The orange flowers contrasted greatly from her white fur, and brought out her eyes.

In the distance, just loud enough to be heard, was the sound of a voice calling out.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 2:18 am

Nuke's ears twitched as he picked up the sound. "Do you hear that?" he asked the others. "I hear a voice"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Whitefire turned to Dee when he placed the flowers on her, and gave him an almost embarrassed smile. "Hmhm...thank you, Dee." She turned away, purring softly for a moment before she suddenly stopped walking, her ears pricked. "Yeah....I hear it."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Zal-Tek narrowed his eyes, looking around.  Slowly, he nodded, though he didn't speak, he was too busy listening.  He frowned, what could be out there?  Probably just an illusion, he thought bitterly, but they may as well find out.  He kept walking, keeping an eye out for whatever was making the sound.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:48 pm

As the party walked, the voice became more distinct. It was calling out, and sounded rather annoyed. "Heeellllloooooo?!?!" it came, exasperated. Whoever it was, they didn't sound very far off, and their voice sounded suspiciously like the laughing that had been in the pit earlier.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Nuke really didn't like this, and the fact that the voice sounded like the laughing before didn't help. I had a bad feeling about this. It seems like a trap he thought. He continued forward however, determined to get to the end of their journey, and to find out what the presence wanted.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:56 am

Whitefire's smile quickly disappeared and she stopped walking for a moment, looking slightly defeated, before following the other three slowly. "I'm not fond of doing exactly what the enemy wants. This is like sentencing ourselves to death or something," she hissed grumpily, to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 am

Zal-Tek narrowed his eyes.  There was certainly something very wrong with this.  He nodded in answer to Whitefire's comment, but said nothing.  He just continued forward, still wary, and perfectly aware that he was almost certainly walking into a trap.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 3:10 pm

The path led upward at a gentle slope, eventually arriving in small clearing with an enormous amount of large mushrooms dominating the edges of it. One mushroom was rebellious and had grown near the middle of the clearing. There was an odd creature seated atop this mushroom. It resembled a cat and an otter, but possessed no fur and had an odd rainbow-y hue to its silver skin. This rainbow appeared to be nothing more than a trick of the light, as it moved and flickered according to the creature's motions.

It was the creature that was yelling, and did not seem at all delighted to see the party at the edge of the clearing. Behind the creature, continuing into the woods away from the party, was where the path resumed.

Peeking out from behind everyone, Dee examined the clearing with mild interest.
"Most unusual," he stated softly.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Nuke looked at the creature before them. Is this the source of the presence that we encountere? he thought to himself. He decided to try to talk to the creature. "Hello, what is your name?" he said in a friendly voice.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:21 pm

"Oh hey look it's here to greet us." Whitefire said sarcastically. "Don't talk to it, Nuke, you'll probably get eaten or something if you answer a riddle wrong." The white cat laugh quietly, and attempted to walk past the strange creature.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:27 pm

"Oh I wouldn't go that way," growled the creature angrily to Whitefire. It sat back on its haunches and folded its forelegs together. "You'll just bump your pretty little nose on the invisible barrier." It then turned to Nuke, eyeing the beaver with open hostility in its beady black eyes. "My name? What's it to you, bark-face?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:36 am

Nuke frowned at the creature's response. "Well if you don't want to tell me your name, I can call you It. But either way there is no need to waste my time by acting like a child" he responded.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 am

Zal-Tek rolled his eyes. This was what he'd been so worried about? He huffed. "And I suppose you're going to tell riddles now," he snipped, already annoyed by the strange creature.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 1:47 am

The creature stood up atop the mushroom, reaching its full height. This was neither impressive nor intimidating, as even standing atop the fungi the creature only reached about a foot and a half off the ground. "Oh please," it growled, "riddles are for sphinxes, and they are as overrated as they are silly. I, the stunning Até, have no time for such nonsense." As the creature stated its name, it took on a more feminine tone to its voice.

"So who are you people supposed to be?" Até asked grouchily. "Anthropomorphic idiots it looks like." She paused, looking at Zal-Tek and Dee. "Well I suppose you two aren't straight out of a cartoon. One of you looks like you belong in fairyland and the other a few centuries back...depending on your timeline of course. Hehe."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Whitefire stopped and stared in shock at the little creature. "Excuse me?" She blinked slowly, feeling a bit hurt from Até's comment. "I believe you've gone a bit too far there." Huffing, she turned her back to her and folded her arms, tail flicking upsetly.

Last edited by Whitefire on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 pm

"Too far?" echoed Até. She laughed bitterly. "Dear, dear, I haven't gone far enough!" Laughing horrendously, Até sprawled out atop the mushroom in a fit of laughter. After a long moment during which she tried to recover, her laughter ceased and she sat up. "If I had known utter idiots were being sent my way I would have called a lot louder!"

To demonstrate, she pulled a megaphone from thin air and began speaking into it. "Attention, life-forms, welcome to my mushroom garden," Até blared, standing back up, "here we shall being your re-education! No need to thank me! None at all!"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Nuke folded his arms, looking at Até. The sound from her megaphone was not half as obnoxious to him as she wanted.
"Now what do you mean by 're-education'?" asked Nuke, looking at her with a serious expression.

Last edited by Canis_dirus on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:50 am

Zal-Tek frowned.  Nuke had asked an excellent question, and one he wanted the answer to.  He stared at Até, as if trying to read her mind.  He supposed he could've, but it was more trouble than it was worth, and hardly fun at all.  Hopefully the strange creature would answer Nuke in a clear manner, before it came to anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 2:06 am

Whitefire continued to ignore Até, sulking and muttering to herself. "Re-education, blahblahblah. Hmph. I'll show you re-education." She promptly sat down, arms still folded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 8 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: