Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

Gambit (IC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Nuke contemplated Dee's words. "Do you know what kind of presence it is or where it is leading us?" he asked. This news was concerning. Although, if it is guiding us, perhaps there is something we need to do. Hopefully the presence is not malevolent whatever it is He thought
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Whitefire listened to Dee for a moment before giving a quiet, amused snort. "Well, if its guiding us then I believe we shouldnt worry about it at it moment."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:18 am

"Being one who spends a majority of his time unseen," Dee explained to Zal-Tek, "I have become very informed on what being 'hidden' feels like. It is not directly a presence I sense, but rather the absence of something that should be." He hoped that made sense. Explaining why it was that very few people saw him was easy enough. Explaining how it worked on other things was difficult.

"I do not know where it is leading us," Dee admitted, "but trying to leave this forest proved impossible, through my abilities at least. Pardon my sudden disappearance... I did not get out of this woodland." He paused, considering his next thought carefully. "I fear that I may have upset this presence, as it wished to remain hidden from our knowledge and is now exposed."
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:33 pm

A quizzical look crossed Whitefire's face, and she twitched her whiskers at Dee. "The absence of something....." she hummed softly. "That makes sense I suppose.....but you weren't able to get out of the forest?" Her orange eyes narrowed. "That's worrying...I hope we're not far from our destination...or wherever this presence wants us to go." Flicking her tail sharply, the white cat hissed through her teeth in a bit of frustration.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Zal-Tek frowned, irritated. He only knew of one being more powerful than him, and saying that creature was bad news was far beyond an understatement. But then, it couldn't be him, as he was also painfully blunt and never bothered to hide himself. Which meant... This was a new being, that he had never encountered before. One he knew nothing about.

He narrowed his eyes, determined. "Then we had best move, or we'll never know." With that, he started walking again, faster than before.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:50 pm

"I wonder where it wants us to go, or more specifically, what are we going to find there" replied Nuke. Not able to get out of the forest. Well I guess that means teleportation, at least long range, is blocked. On foot might not be though
He agreed with Zal-Tek's course of action though, and started walking with him. He kept his senses on high alert, taking in the tiniest detail of everything. Hopefully if something came to them it wouldn't teleport.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:44 am

Dee followed Nuke and Zal-Tek, considering their options and what he suspected. He hoped the entity guiding them would not prove hostile, and wondered what it wanted. Dee knew he was in the company of powerful people, but what exactly was the significance of each being present?

<yeah I have nothing to say atm>
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:15 pm

As they walked, Whitefire let her mind wander, and she nonchalantly stopped every once in a while to pick a flower or two. Soon she had quite a few of them, and began weaving the stems together.
When she was finished, the white cat hopped up to Dee and placed the flower crown around the top of his hat. "There you go," she grinned happily and skipped away.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Dee reached up and plucked the flower crown off of his hat, examining it for a moment. Ah. Flowers. Pretty ones, too. This triggered a memory for Dee, involving a certain little girl and her favorite color. He smiled faintly, putting the flower crown back on his hat. Then reached into his coat and drew forth a glimmering orange-petaled orchid, its colors akin to that of a summer sunset on a grassy moor. He gazed at it for a long moment before tucking it back inside his coat.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Twirling around as she walked, Whitefire looked quite content, the danger of their predicament lost in her fleeting thoughts. Suddenly she stepped up to Zal-Tek, her eyebrows narrowing as she looked at him with a questioning orange gaze. Reaching up, she pulled on his jaw, making him open his mouth slightly. Her ears pricked at the sight of his sharp teeth. "Do you breath fire at all?" she chirruped in interest. "Or are you just a lizard-y thing..." Her voice sounded like she wasn't serious, but her face looked as though she was completely earnest, orange eyes wide.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Zal-Tek hardly faltered, taking it all in stride.  He laughed.  "I don't breathe fire, because I'm not a dragon," he said, "close, though.  I'm a drake." He smirked, "I can do a lot of other things, though, and if you like fire..."

Two flames burst into existence, slowly circling his neck.  One was gold, and the other was a deep red, matching his eyes.  "This good enough for you?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Nuke smiled a little bit as Whitefire seemed to lose her years and started skipping around as a child. He thought back to the various flowers in his gardens at the Platinum Palace. He did enjoy flowers sometimes.
While he thought about this, he was also observing their environment, and pondered about his presence Dee had told them about. While he didn't really know any alternative to following the course that they were taking, he couldn't help a slightly ominous feeling. He had dealt with a lot of powerful beings in the past, and usually when they just yanked beings from other places somewhere, it wasn't for a tea party.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:38 am

"AUGHASDF-" Whitefire jumped back as the flames appeared around the drake's neck, and her fur fluffed out as she looked at him with wide eyes. "I was asking because I EASILY CATCH FIRE." She twitched her nose at him. "I've got fur," she explained briefly.

After getting over her initial surprise, though, the white cat came up to him again, studying the odd fire with something akin to childish delight. "That's super neat! What else can you do?" Grinning gleefully, Whitefire looked at him intently, ears pricked.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:19 am

Zal-Tek chuckled, banishing the flames and watching them flicker out.  "I can do all sorts of other things," he said, "most of it's not all that flashy though."  He decided he had no reason not to show off, given the circumstances.  He would most likely be forced to use some of his more powerful abilities soon anyway.

"You already saw I can teleport, I also have a pocket dimension, can disguise myself...  Lots of things, but most of it's specialized," he added, "I wouldn't be able to show you."  Well, he could show her now, but no one would really like it. "What about you?" he asked, making sure to start walking again before they were left behind.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:21 pm

"What about me?" Whitefire repeated to herself. "Well," she started, "You already know about my wings....and my little light show I can put on." She smiled a little, but suddenly she wasn't quite as happy as she had been moments before. She didn't like talking about her so called 'powers'. "...I could pretty much turn you to dust in a matter of seconds, if I wanted to. Which I don't. And I haven't done that to anyone in a long time....not after the war anyway." She blinked slowly, picking up a small flower. After a moment or so, the color began to drain from it, and soon it was completely white, and somewhat crystallized. She dropped the flower and it crumbled to dust as it hit the forest floor.

"On a less gruesome note," Whitefire said, changing the subject, "I can see and hear things that are not perceptible to most, and I can easily detect disturbances in emotion from other people, which explains why I seem to be able to accurately read someone's thoughts. Mostly accurate, anyway."

Pausing to think for a moment, Whitefire suddenly smiled. "And, though this isn't a power, I am a very skilled dancer." Sending Zal-Tek a sly smile, she grinned, orange eyes narrowed mischievously. "Do you dance at all?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Zal-Tek raised a skeptical eyebrow.  He greatly doubted she had the power to do that to him, at least not permanently, and certainly not if he had enough warning to protect himself.  He noted that he, too, could notice a lot of things others couldn't, for several reasons.  He would have to remember to take extra care if he ever needed to lie to her.

He frowned, "dancing?"  He didn't dance often, and he certainly doubted he knew any dances that Whitefire did, considering their obvious differences.  "I suppose I could dance, if I wanted to, but I don't practice often."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Whitefire sent the drake a somewhat wicked smile, orange eyes glistening in amusement. "Would you mind, then?" she asked deviously, her voice as smooth and sweet as honey. "Nuke impressed me with his...durability, and you, my dear, can impress me with your dancing."

"Is that all right?" Bright eyes looked up at Zal-Tek innocently.

She may have been a lady, but she was still an artfully cunning cat as well.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Nuke stood and listened as Whitefire messed with Zal-Tek. A slight smile tugged at a corner of his mouth. Whitefire's claims about disintegrating someone into dust were interesting, although the ultimate test would would be on the battlefield.
Along with this he analyzed Whitefire. Her switching of personalities seemed rather bipolar in nature, although bipolar disorder usually manifested more in a happy to anger way.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:41 pm

"Now?" Zal-Tek asked, surprised, "is now, uh, really that great of a time?"  He chuckled, "dancing isn't exactly my strong point, anyway..."  He brought himself up onto two legs for a moment, before starting to lose his balance and dropping back onto all fours.  "At least," he smirked, "not with a partner."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:04 am

"Now?" Whitefire repeated. "Of course now. And it's the perfect time." She spun around once, grinning. "You can't dance well with a partner? Then it looks like its the perfect time to practice, as well."

Looking at him with a wily smile, she grabbed one of his hands and pulled him up-right. "Come on, pleeeaaase?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 am

Zal-Tek looked even more skeptical, but shrugged.  "Alright," he said, shifting his weight so he could keep his balance better, "but if I fall on top of you, I'm not going to be held responsible."  He looked down at his feet, then laughed, "you're lucky I have good balance.  This is not normal."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:44 am

"Pffff-" Whitefire laid her ears back, laughing softly. "Is anything ever normal?" Taking his hand, she chasse'd to the side and hopped forward, spinning in mid air. Being as light on her feet as she was, the white cat made every movement with absolute grace, flitting around Zal-Tek happily.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 am

Zal-Tek rolled his eyes. He could envision himself in a suit right now, and it wasn't as 'dashing' as one would think. He hadn't lied, though, when he wanted to, he had very good balance, and managed to stay on his hind legs. Of course, if he had really needed to do something like this, it would he easier to just disguise himself, but for this? Might as well keep a few things to himself.

Regardless, he couldn't do a lot on two legs in this shape, so he instead opted for something similar to leaping. He would almost drop to all fours, jump gracefully to a new position, then push himself back up, all in one fluid motion. It was still strange, and he had to question why he had agreed to do it, but he seriously doubted it could hurt him, and it was amusing.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Whitefire, being skilled as she was, made up for Zal-Tek's lack of maneuverability by spontaneously adding steps  and spins where needed, making it look as though everything had been brought to perfection beforehand. Smiling faintly, Whitefire raised an eyebrow at the drake and laughed softly in amusement as she spun around into his arms before stepping to the side and out again, her hand holding his slightly.

"Don't fall," she teased. "Because I doubt it would be anything but awkward. And I'd be cursed to laugh forever."

Having traveled the galaxies for at least a decade. Whitefire was sure she'd danced with stranger beings, and nothing about the fact that she was dancing with a drake seemed to bother her at all.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:26 am

Zal-Tek didn't fall.  In fact, once they got going, he stopped looking like he was going to fall at all.  Whether this was because he was getting better, or because he was using magic, it was hard to tell.  He did quickly learn that he could use his thick tail to help him balance, and even push off the ground if he needed to.  At some point, he realized he was smiling.  "I wouldn't blame you," he replied, "but I'm beginning to doubt that's going to happen."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 5 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: